I'm so sick.

mzoricak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I work with a rescue group. One of our foster kitties was adopted on Saturday. Sunday we got a call that he got out! The idiots left their window open and he popped the screen. I'm physically sick over this. They are told and told again NOT to leave windows open where the screens are not secured. The rescue lady is going back tonight with traps. She feels he's hunkered down in a safe place until he figures out where he is. All he's known is a bedroom with his 4 siblings, lots of love, and safety. He's never had to find his own food. I am so scared and so upset about this.

The people who adopted him aren't taking any responsibility for leaving the window open. When we find him (when, not if) he is not going back to them. He's coming home with us until we find a more suitable home. We made a serious mistake in allowing them to adopt. In all the years we've been doing this, this is the first time something like this has happened.

Please say a little prayer for Tigger that we find him and bring him home safely.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tons of get in the trap !! Even when you mean the best, morons fall through the cracks...it happens to everyone!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We hope Tigger finds his way back!
Come home safely little buddy

And we hope he finds a responsible home...

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzoricak

I work with a rescue group. One of our foster kitties was adopted on Saturday. Sunday we got a call that he got out! The idiots left their window open and he popped the screen. I'm physically sick over this. They are told and told again NOT to leave windows open where the screens are not secured. The rescue lady is going back tonight with traps. She feels he's hunkered down in a safe place until he figures out where he is. All he's known is a bedroom with his 4 siblings, lots of love, and safety. He's never had to find his own food. I am so scared and so upset about this.

The people who adopted him aren't taking any responsibility for leaving the window open. When we find him (when, not if) he is not going back to them. He's coming home with us until we find a more suitable home. We made a serious mistake in allowing them to adopt. In all the years we've been doing this, this is the first time something like this has happened.

Please say a little prayer for Tigger that we find him and bring him home safely.
Unfortunately mistakes happen...doors get left open, windows are left open....we all try the best we can find to find the right homes. When I was around 15 years old, we moved from Washington State to New Jersey. My cat Buttons had always been an indoor/outdoor cat...so I let him out one day...and he never returned. It was devestating. I do hope you find this kitten....and that you can educate these people so that the next time they acquire a pet...they can keep an eye out for this type of situation.

Katie

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will indeed say a prayer for little Tigger! Poor baby boy!!

If that happened to one of my fosters I would go to that home and torch it

I feel so bad for you to have this happen!

I hate working adoption shows. Even though it is the best way to ensure you will find good parents, it is also really stressful because you have to say goodbye to so many kitties and hope these people will be responsible.

There is no way of REALLY knowing when all is said and done.
You just do your best, and I'm sure that is what happened with this idiot adopter.

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Praying for Tiggers safe return and finding a good responsible home!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzoricak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My husband and the lady from the rescue group went back last night after dark. 2 vet techs from the vet's office were already there looking. (it was so nice of them to come) and they spotted him, not far from where he got out. There is a big pond with ducks and he was hunkered down in thick ivy, but very scared. My husband tried until 2:00am to get him to come out, but he was too scared. Tonight they will go back and set 5 traps in the area where he is and hopefully he'll be hungry enough to find one of them. We don't think he'll venture very far from his 'safe spot'. I can't wait to get him home. He'll need lots of special love to make him feel safe. I wish we could keep him, but another male in the house would not be a good thing. I have one 'bad boy' who on occasion will spray the wall or window when he sees a strange cat in the yard. He' s been pretty good lately, but every so often he'll go through a stretch of spraying every day for a week, then stop. We have 4 females and 5 males. All get along, but another male would really upset the apple cart. We just need to find him a safe loving home.

Keep the prayers coming. I think they are working! He's not hurt and we know where he is! That's such good news.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad you caught sight of Tigger. Sending lots of vibes that you're able to trap. Poor little guy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzoricak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My husband and the rescue lady set 5 traps last night. They saw Tigger and know where he's hanging out. She was supposed to go down there this morning and check to see if we got him, but we haven't heard from her all day. I'm going crazy with worry. What if somebody let him out? What if somebody gave him back to those guys? What if somebody just took him? I just want him home.

My husband got home about midnight vs. 2:00am the night before. We figure it's easier to set the traps and leave rather than stick around because if he's fearing people right now, it's best to leave him alone to find the food. With 5 traps I would pray that he found one of them!