I’m Overthinking Everything !

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
{ i have bad english }
Hi everyone i hope u can understand me i have 3 years cat he is my only and my first cat i love him so much he is my life but the problem is i have anxiety even with myself not only my little cat i’m always put some diseases
On me anyway last weak my cat jump from the second floor I was scared and I couldn't sleep He was moving naturally and eating normal i did see hes breath was so fast and i took him to the vet and he said he is great and normal and i’m only overthinking
I was ok he was playing and eating and pooping normal until this week he had gases and i dont know what to call it i didnt look diarrhea but dark brown mix with light brown mixed with normal poop sometime pooping normal so i though if i change the food maybe he is going to be ok i cook Chicken with oatmeal he eat every 6 or 5 hours with little snake dryfood
And still has the same issue i talk to many vet in my phone most of them say from the cold weather he sometimes sleep on the floor and he play maybe 5 or 7 min then he get boried and i dont know if this is importent but he always want to go out always he saw some cat and he always want to see thim but i cant make him go out its so cold here what do you think guys !? I’m really woried about my baby i love him and i dont know what happen to him or he is normal but i’m overthinking ??
By the way he doesnt vomit everyday maybe ones every two week clear vomit and hes wight 4,5 kg i read alot of causes and i’m afried he is going to die :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes i forgot to mention that he love to peting and lays in hes back and purring but i’m still worried

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hang in there...sometimes people are at work and can't get back with you right away, but we always get here as soon as we can. Now, I want you to relax. I really think that your boy is just fine. He goes outside, so he does eat a bit of grass here and there, which will cause the clear vomiting. In fact, that seems to be why they eat the grass in the first place. It helps keep the tummy cleared if they have eaten some bug or something that didn't agree with them. The other issues may be from changing too quickly from one food to another. Cats have sensitive tummies. If you stop one food and start a different one really quickly, it can cause diarrhea and sometimes vomiting. What you need to do is switch over slowly, mixing a little of the new food in with the old, and adding more new and less old each day.

If he is lying on his back purring, I promise you that there isn't anything much wrong with him! That's the action of a very happy kitty!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can't add anything else to what Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 already told you - she's absolutely spot on with her advice. :thumbsup:
As for the anxiety, you said he loves to lay on his back and purrs while you pet him. That would be the perfect opportunity for you to relax with him and I'm sure it will alleviate some of your anxiety. Cats are also great to meditate with or even do yoga with, maybe put on some music and try to relax. You are a very conscientious and concerned cat parent which is understandable. We all feel responsible for our cat's well being. Don't be too hard on yourself, you're doing a great job! :alright:

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone
I just dont think he eat any grass i bought ones grass for cat and he didnt like it + i didnt change hes food time or give him more
Still cant figure this out
And yes i’m relax when he purring and sleeping lay in hes back but what gases and diarreha make me worried do you think sleeping on the floor with cold weather causes this ??

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The other issues may be from changing too quickly from one food to another. Cats have sensitive tummies. If you stop one food and start a different one really quickly, it can cause diarrhea and sometimes vomiting. What you need to do is switch over slowly, mixing a little of the new food in with the old, and adding more new and less old each day.
I think the above quote answered your question regarding gas and diarrhea. You may want to post in the Cat Nutrition thread here about diet and switching food: Cat Nutrition
Please keep us posted on your kitty. :)

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think the above quote answered your question regarding gas and diarrhea. You may want to post in the Cat Nutrition thread here about diet and switching food: Cat Nutrition
Please keep us posted on your kitty. :)
Think i wrote there hope someone could help

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And don't bet that just because he doesn't eat the grass that you brought he doesn't go outside and find just what suits him and nibble at it. Cats are notoriously picky about things like that!