I'm OK (long post)

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, back from the brink of hell.
I went to a doc, a clinic, I walk past it everyday and did not know what it was, I thought they just did planned parenthood there.
I was told almost 99.9 percent sure, I had a strep bacteria gone wild.
I was sick with a nasty flu/cold (so I thought) since a bit before Thanksgiving, very bad sore throat, coughing, all that. It would not go away. I took a whole lot of cold meds trying to combat it, the sinuses were just unreal bad. I took my doxy for about 4 days, it knocked out the sore throat. (I have it for acne rosacea, I dont take it much, it makes my stomach bad)
After I told them what was wrong they knew immediatly. Untreated strep, which I was told can lead to Rheumatic fever!!! (can also cause mood swings)
I only have 3 of the symptoms, but they sent me for blood work and a throat culture, sooooo not fun.
It explains my heart problems, strep unchecked heads to the heart and can cause valve damage.
I dont have that yet, but waiting on the blood work.

railntrailcwgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So glad to see your back and on the road to feeling better.
*Sending some get well vibes*

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you went to the doctor. I am sure that day you spent with no heat didn't help any and possibly made things worse ..I bet if you tried to sue the landlords, you'd have a case. But anyway that's besides the point, I'm glad you're okay and sending for the blood work to come out good!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for letting us know what's been going on. We were worried about you! I'm glad that you found out what the heck was going on, and it sounds like you'll get some help recovering.
Take care of yourself, hon!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hun! I'm so glad you went to the doctor!!!! I had scarlet fever (just strep with a rash) a few years ago and I was down for the count. You will take a while to get over it. Try and take care of yourself!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soo glad to see you posting again
I'm happy to hear you went to a clinic and are getting help to feel better- that's good news!!
Hopefully you'll feel 100% soon!
Keep us posted.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
VERY glad you got some proper doctoring! Strep can be monstrous bad stuff... nearly killed me in 1989. I sure hope there's been no damage to your heart!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to see that familiar name Trillcat!

Isn't peace of mind everything? Hope all continues to go well!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to know you are on the road to recovery and getting proper diagnosis and treatment. Hope all goes well with the lab results.

bedweary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was clicking on posts I've missed the last couple of days, and there it was...TRILLCAT...!!!!
So happy to see you back
. Lots of people were worried about you.
Follow your doctor's orders & get yourself better. We really missed you while you were gone!
Barry

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad you are back hun and so glad you went to the docs, just you get yourself better and plenty of rest.xxx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The results should be here tomorrow (Wed.) so awaiting those, but I do feel better knowing I am not crazy or going to drop dead of a heart attack.
I am still embarassed about having a complete melt down here.
I almost did not come back, but I could not let my online friends worry about me, and this place is family to me, if you can't go bat sh&t crazy around family, who else can you?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

The results should be here tomorrow (Wed.) so awaiting those, but I do feel better knowing I am not crazy or going to drop dead of a heart attack.
I am still embarassed about having a complete melt down here.
I almost did not come back, but I could not let my online friends worry about me, and this place is family to me, if you can't go bat sh&t crazy around family, who else can you?
hey don't worry about it, it's all good!