Im Not Sure What Type Of Cat This Is.

Erynnicola

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is a male kitten I'll be recieving in a couple weeks. I have one from a previous litter that is orange/white tabby, but im uncertain wether to classify this one as tabby/calico or what.
He has the color blotches on his head but no where else.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’d describe that adorable little guy as a brown broken mackeral tabby and white Domestic Shorthair.

Meieiei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He looks like my cat Navi!!

He is probably an american/domestic shorthair if you are from USA. Tabby and calico are not breeds, they just describe fur pattern.

If you are from another country, there are other types of breeds that share similar characteristics, such as Aegaen cat, but you will know for sure only if you do a DNA test for him.

Enjoy your little kitten!!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is probably an american/domestic shorthair if you are from USA. Tabby and calico are not breeds, they just describe fur pattern.
American Shorthair and domestic shorthair are not the same. Domestic shorthair refers to a shorthair cat without specific breed ancestry. American Shorthair is a specific pedigreed breed, originally developed using British Shorthairs bred to domestic shorthairs. It has been many generations since these outcrosses were used; at this point, the American Shorthair is a distinct breed that is very different from the typical domestic shorthair.