I'm not receiving emails for anything

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
For four days, I have tried what I can think of to get emails from TCS. I have been to the Preference page and turned about everything on and hit Save. I have done this about 5 times. All the email alerts are checked on the Account Details page. I have checked my email Spam folder and I have no emails from TCS there, or anywhere else in my email folders. I checked Blocked Senders in my email, and you are not blocked. I'm out of things to try. Can someone help?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That should have worked. The only other thing I can think of to try is to "unwatch" whichever forums or threads you "watch", log out, then back in, and "watch" them again. For some reason that's usually fixed the problem for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I unwatched threads, logged out, logged back in and watched the threads I had unwatched. I'm getting push notifications, but no emails. Does any one else have suggestions?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can't be of any help, but will note that I turned off push notifications, turned on all the Alerts I wanted for emails, and get them intermittently. Trying to track them to see if I can find a pattern. Maybe you can do the same?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I unwatched threads, logged out, logged back in and watched the threads I had unwatched.
Did you make sure to toggle "and receive email notifications" when you Watch a thread?
And/or, on your preferences page, make sure to check the two "and receive email notifications" options under the "Content" section there?

Not sure if that will do the trick, but one or the other of those seems to help me.

(I'm still not sure if I'm getting emails when I'm mentioned or quoted, though... need to do some test runs.)
:hugs:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't be of any help, but will note that I turned off push notifications, turned on all the Alerts I wanted for emails, and get them intermittently. Trying to track them to see if I can find a pattern. Maybe you can do the same?
I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Did you make sure to toggle "and receive email notifications" when you Watch a thread?

:hugs:
Yes. That is what comes up by default and I leave it that way when I press the "Watch" button.

And/or, on your preferences page, make sure to check the two "and receive email notifications" options under the "Content" section there?

Not sure if that will do the trick, but one or the other of those seems to help me.

(I'm still not sure if I'm getting emails when I'm mentioned or quoted, though... need to do some test runs.)
Yes, all the email notifications are checked on the Preference page, and also on the Account Details page.

Email options
  • Receive news and update emails
  • Receive email when a new conversation message is received
  • Receive email when mentioned
  • Receive email when quoted
All checked.

:dunno:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. That is what comes up by default and I leave it that way when I press the "Watch" button.
Not sure if this will help admins to know this, but my Default for when I Watch threads is just the Watch option. That one is automatically toggled for me, and I have to toggle the email notifications option by choice -- so I was surprised this morning to read that someone else gets a different Default option. :dunno: (Another note, my system and toggles are a "no" for push notifications, so maybe that has something to do with it too. But I'll bow out now! Just wondering if this info helps.)

Luis_C

Purraise
For four days, I have tried what I can think of to get emails from TCS. I have been to the Preference page and turned about everything on and hit Save. I have done this about 5 times. All the email alerts are checked on the Account Details page. I have checked my email Spam folder and I have no emails from TCS there, or anywhere else in my email folders. I checked Blocked Senders in my email, and you are not blocked. I'm out of things to try. Can someone help?
Hello Boris Diamond Boris Diamond !

We've looked into your issue and have concluded that the reason you're not receiving any of your email notifications is due to your email ISP. I'd recommend switching your primary account email to a different one. If you would like more information in regards to this please feel free reach out.

Last edited:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Boris Diamond Boris Diamond !

We've looked into your issue and have concluded that the reason you're not receiving any of your email notifications is due to your email ISP. I'd recommend switching your primary account email to a different one. If you would like more information in regards to this please feel free reach out.
How unusual! I have been with the same ISP for 20 years and the entire time I have been at TCS. I wonder what could have changed? I have another email account that I never check. I will change my TCS email address to that provider and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just curious - how is the ISP affecting the email notifications? If they are not going into SPAM, what else would be the cause? Does this have anything to do with your recent upgrade, and if so, why?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just curious - how is the ISP affecting the email notifications? If they are not going into SPAM, what else would be the cause? Does this have anything to do with your recent upgrade, and if so, why?
ISP's create their own blacklists based on reports from their users. These lists sometimes cover entire IP ranges, so a ban on our IP can be completely unrelated to TCS itself. It could be the result of a spammy campaign from a server that happens to be in the same IP range as our mail server.

You can read more about it here -
Campaign Monitor support

Nothing has changed in our mailing set up during the upgrade, so I don't see how this could be related. :dunno:
Let us know how the new email address is doing Boris Diamond Boris Diamond and thank you for your patience while trying to figure this out!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
You can read more about it here -
Campaign Monitor support

Those are some internet pests! :headshake: I can see why ISP's might want to ban servers that host people like that!

I think I have received all the emails sent by TCS since I changed to the other email address, though threads I frequent have not been active. I'll continue to check my email on the other ISP and check it against the alerts on TCS.

Do you think it would do any good for me to call my main ISP and request that your specific address be unbanned?

Thanks for your attention to this, Anne Anne !

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to add that I'm not getting any emails, either. Everything worked just fine until a week or so ago. I've tried unclicking everything and logging out and in. If Yahoo has TCS on a blacklist, how do I get it off?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Do you think it would do any good for me to call my main ISP and request that your specific address be unbanned?
We don't usually chase these things. Personally, I once changed ISPs for a similar reason but that's because they blocked a resource that I needed for work purposes. In my own experience, the tech support personnel who answered the calls simply had no way of getting the IT people to unban IP ranges or even know which ones were banned. If you're fine with using another email address, I would stick with that.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I want to add that I'm not getting any emails, either. Everything worked just fine until a week or so ago. I've tried unclicking everything and logging out and in. If Yahoo has TCS on a blacklist, how do I get it off?
The simplest solution would be to use a different email address. Personally, since I switched to using Gmail, I've never had an issue with blacklisted IP lists, so I can recommend that one. You can set up a rule in your Yahoo account to send everything to Gmail. Or you could do the opposite, and have Gmail forward your mail to Yahoo.
But before moving forward with that, let us just check that everything looks ok on our end of things. Luis_C Luis_C can you please verify that emails are going out to DreamerRose DreamerRose ?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I changed my email response address on TCS and synced my mailboxes, and I am now getting TCS emails. Thanks!