I’m Not Receiving Email Notifications

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Usually when I get up in the morning, my iPhone and iPad screens show several email notifications from posts to threads I’m watching. This morning there were none. I thought it was strange that no one posted to any of those threads, but when I went to TCS, I had several showing on the Alert icon. People had posted, but the system didn’t notify me of any of them.

Here’s what I’ve tried:
  • In Preferences, unchecked all boxes, rechecked them, and hit Save
  • Logged off the site, closed the browser, waited about 20 minutes, logged back on
  • Turned off both devices, waited a couple of minutes, restarted
I’m still not receiving any email notifications. Is there anything else I should try?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Gmail is still experiencing problems from yesterday. Among the problems are inability to access email, bounced messages to gmail addresses, and other glitches. If you have a gmail account, your notifications may be bounced back to us. We may have to give Gmail a couple of days to fix itself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Gmail is still experiencing problems from yesterday. Among the problems are inability to access email, bounced messages to gmail addresses, and other glitches. If you have a gmail account, your notifications may be bounced back to us. We may have to give Gmail a couple of days to fix itself.

[/URL]
Ah. Yes, I do have gmail. I wasn’t aware there were problems. I’ll hang on and see if it fixes itself! Thanks, katachtig katachtig . :)

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! It’s annoying, and it makes me wonder what else I’m missing.
Mine was just notifications from the cat site all my other mail came .I couldn't log into certain play store games that's how I knew they where having problems. Hopefully yours is the same.