Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

I'm New And 3 Strays I'm Trying To Tame And Adopt

Discussion in 'New Cats on the Block' started by MoonstoneWolf, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:31 AM.

1. MoonstoneWolf

MoonstoneWolf Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Monday
    I"m new to the forums but wanted to introduce myself as well as the 3 stray cats I'm trying to tame and adopt. The calico I call Shaman, The ginger one I call Treasure and the black persian I call Shadow. Shaman is the bravest of all of them so far. She showed up almost a year ago when I fell and fractured my humerus and hung around a lot during my sad times. She's a permanent fixture in my back yard right now. She hangs around with Treasure a lot and Shadow is a like the tolerated 3rd wheel of the threesome. Shaman poses.jpg Treasure relaxing.png Shadow attempts mind control.jpg

Maria Bayote, kittyluv387, neely and 2 others purraised this.

2. aliceneko

aliceneko TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 28, 2017
    London, England
    Welcome! I wish you luck with taming these three gorgeous kitties :)

3. MoonstoneWolf

Monday
    Thank you. I bought some cat toys but they don't know what to do with them. I'll leave them outside though, hopefully they'll figure them out.

4. rubysmama

rubysmama Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Good luck with taming and getting Shaman, Treasure and Shadow to trust you. :petcat: All 3 are gorgeous cats. :catlove:

BTW, we have a Caring for Strays and Ferals fourm where you can also post a thread to get advice/support from some of the experienced feral/stray cat "parents" who may not check out this particular forum.

neely purraised this.

5. MoonstoneWolf

Monday
    I'm checking that out. Just a moment ago I was outside breaking up and bagging limbs and twigs. Had the food outside about 3 feet from me and Shadow came to eat while I was breaking twigs. I made sure to not make any fast movements and watched her from the corner of my eye. I also run a private cam on them when I'm inside to see what they're doing. :)

rubysmama purraised this.

6. neely

neely TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and hope we can help you with any advice or support to win over these 3 beauties and bring them into your home. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your accidental fall and fracture but hope you are feeling better now. :crossfingers: Best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress with the cats.

7. tabbytom

tabbytom Happiness is being owned by a cat Staff Member Mentor

May 12, 2016
    Garden City, Singapore
    D2BFAD18-985C-437F-8B71-EC6721DF5DDC.gif MoonstoneWolf, Shaman, Treasure and Shadow, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm 890F4BAB-26F7-4734-AA9D-2F6CC165A62A.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for taking interest in taking the kitties in and for giving them a warm and fur-ever loving home :clapcat:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
    Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
    Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

8. Maria Bayote

Maria Bayote Mama of 4 Cats, 3 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans Super Cat

Jan 15, 2018
    Doha
    Welcome to TCS!
    Shaman, Treasure and Shadow are all gorgeous cats! :loveeyes:

9. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    Welcome to you and your beautiful clowder! SUCH lovely cats, and so lucky to have found you! DO spend some time in the Ferals and Strays forum, and be sure to post your adventures and experiences there! We have several folks who have been phenomenally successful with turning ferals into house cats.
    [​IMG]

10. Boris Diamond

Boris Diamond Cat Valet Top Cat

Mar 27, 2015
    Welcome to TCS! Thanks for making the good effort with these three good-looking kitties. :redheartpump: