I'm making progress (healing).

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm almost 4 weeks post op and I'm feeling pretty good. Incision is itchy but the pain is essentially gone. Still having some mild discomfort on occasion except when I wake in the night to pee, OMG! I don't know if it's incisional pain or the fact that my bladder doesn't have anything to rest on (uterus) and pulls downward, but talk about pain! Hope that goes away soon!!

I actually felt up to doing some laundry this evening. I have a small washer that I have to pull up to the kitchen sink and connect to the facet. I was a bit worried about pulling/pushing it, but it's on wheels and it went very smoothly. I didn't feel like I strained myself because I used my whole body to maneuver it and it's pretty light.

I have my 6 week follow-up on the 19th and if all goes as planned, back to work on the 30th.

Time has just flown by!! I can't believe it.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you are healing very well

When i read 4 weeks i was shocked i didnt think it had been that long

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm almost 4 weeks post op and I'm feeling pretty good. Incision is itchy but the pain is essentially gone. Still having some mild discomfort on occasion except when I wake in the night to pee, OMG! I don't know if it's incisional pain or the fact that my bladder doesn't have anything to rest on (uterus) and pulls downward, but talk about pain! Hope that goes away soon!!

I actually felt up to doing some laundry this evening. I have a small washer that I have to pull up to the kitchen sink and connect to the facet. I was a bit worried about pulling/pushing it, but it's on wheels and it went very smoothly. I didn't feel like I strained myself because I used my whole body to maneuver it and it's pretty light.

I have my 6 week follow-up on the 19th and if all goes as planned, back to work on the 30th.

Time has just flown by!! I can't believe it.
it shouldn't be painful Linda.Some discomfort yes,but pain no.I would talk to your Dr and see if you have a bladder infection.
Sounds as if you are healing nicely.I didn't have the incision where you do,mine was the southern region one
I do remember the first time I had a bowel movement!! OMG!! I thought I was dying from the pain--I actually stopped breathing for a few seconds.
The key is NOT overdo it.You think you are ok to do this and that,and then you realize that you overdid it too late.To much pulling and pushing can cause delays in the healing inside......I know you KNOW this.that you continue to do well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

it shouldn't be painful Linda.Some discomfort yes,but pain no.I would talk to your Dr and see if you have a bladder infection
Well, I guess mega discomfort would be more the proper term. It's like my bladder is super full and feels like it's going to burst. I'm ok the rest of the time, it's when I wake in the night or in the morning to need to go to the bathroom....or if I am out and I wait to long to use the bathroom when I feel the urge to go.

My urine is clear and a good colour, so I don't think it's a bladder infection at all. I think it's because in normal anatomy, the bladder rests on the uterus, and now with the uterus not there, when the bladder fills up, it flops over.

I am going to mention it to the doctor when I go though. I don't want to end up with a prolapsed bladder.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you're doing so well! I didn't realize it had been 4 weeks, either. Hope things continue to improve.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodness me, 4 weeks has gone quickly, I am so glad that you are feelin a bit better and "getting there" you have done tremendously well.xx

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Well, I guess mega discomfort would be more the proper term. It's like my bladder is super full and feels like it's going to burst. I'm ok the rest of the time, it's when I wake in the night or in the morning to need to go to the bathroom....or if I am out and I wait to long to use the bathroom when I feel the urge to go.

My urine is clear and a good colour, so I don't think it's a bladder infection at all. I think it's because in normal anatomy, the bladder rests on the uterus, and now with the uterus not there, when the bladder fills up, it flops over.

I am going to mention it to the doctor when I go though. I don't want to end up with a prolapsed bladder.
ok.I thought you meant pain
And yes, I had that for about 4 or so months after my hysterectomy.
Just wait until you have a cold and sneeze or cough
Just be prepared to change clothes often!
(Still to this day, I have bladder discomfort occasionally---hysterectomy was on 4/5/05)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. I don't think I've said anything to you since your surgery, but I've been thinking about you all along. to getting better soon and please try to take it easy when you go first go back to work.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So very glad you are doing well and making progress!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending mega prayers and vibes that you continue to heal quickly, but as previously said, don't overdo it. Sometimes I think that we can be just as stoic as our kitties and just mask/ignore the pain too much!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soo glad to hear you're healing up well now! Still sending lots of vibes and prayers your way for a full recovery and for that discomfort to subside!