I’m Having Pop Up Issues Only On This Site

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’m getting those pesky pop-up ads again... Is anyone else having this problem?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep. Lol. Happened once last week in the middle of me writing a rather lengthy post. Deleted the whole thing. I was a little upset lol.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
They definitely shouldn't be there. Please help us get rid of them by posting the following -
A screenshot of the ad.
The exact time where it showed up for you (please mention your time zone too).
If possible - right click on the ad, copy the link and paste it too. Do not click on the ad to go through! Just right-click, copy link and paste.

Thank you!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
They definitely shouldn't be there. Please help us get rid of them by posting the following -
A screenshot of the ad.
The exact time where it showed up for you (please mention your time zone too).
If possible - right click on the ad, copy the link and paste it too. Do not click on the ad to go through! Just right-click, copy link and paste.

Thank you!
Will do!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I’m getting those pesky pop-up ads again... Is anyone else having this problem?
Yep. Lol. Happened once last week in the middle of me writing a rather lengthy post. Deleted the whole thing. I was a little upset lol.
Out of curiosity is it on an Iphone or Ipad? That is what I have been getting them on, not a desktop.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been getting them more frequently on my Android. They had gone away for a while and this past week they've been back with a vengeance. I keep remembering to screenshot it right after I close it though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m on iPhone and safari as well. I’ll post a screen shot next time I see it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I was getting them on my iPad Air 2 with Safari. It got to the point where, as soon as I would click on TCS, Boom! there it was. I tried clearing cache, cookies, temp files. You name it, I tried it. And as soon as I'd click on TCS, there it was again.

I talked to Mr. Mother Dragon Mother Dragon the other night and he recommended an ad blocker for Safari. I downloaded the ad blocker and *knock on wood* it's not been back. It was getting downright obnoxious and I had quit going to TCS on my iPad, simply because that ad would completely hijack everything. I couldn't X it out, I couldn't Go Back. The only thing I could do was completely shut down my iPad, restart it, clean it up and start over. To no avail.

My thanks to Mr. Mother Dragon Mother Dragon !

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I was getting them on my iPad Air 2 with Safari. It got to the point where, as soon as I would click on TCS, Boom! there it was. I tried clearing cache, cookies, temp files. You name it, I tried it. And as soon as I'd click on TCS, there it was again.

I talked to Mr. Mother Dragon Mother Dragon the other night and he recommended an ad blocker for Safari. I downloaded the ad blocker and *knock on wood* it's not been back. It was getting downright obnoxious and I had quit going to TCS on my iPad, simply because that ad would completely hijack everything. I couldn't X it out, I couldn't Go Back. The only thing I could do was completely shut down my iPad, restart it, clean it up and start over. To no avail.

My thanks to Mr. Mother Dragon Mother Dragon !
I shared your kind words with Mr. Mother Dragon and he's wagging his tail all over the place. He said to tell you he was glad he could help.