I'm going to smack him. I swear.....

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's confirmed. He has Covid. And he went back to work. I'm just so angry. He's my son and I love him. But the man is a freaking idiot. How stupid can one possibly be?
How can people be so stupid and inconsiderate? He can infect people who might not recover. Hubby and I are barely leaving the house because we're older and have underlying conditions, and this kind of thing is why. I know he's your son, but I'd smack him too if I could.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks artiemom artiemom Everybody tested negative and are back to work and back in school. He made out the worst, probably because of his asthma. He still tires very easily and he still has some chest/lung pain. He says still more joint pain that he can ever remember having in his life. But he's dealing and they are all negative Thank you. :hugs: He has asthma, so I really worry about him. I did tell him the other day that I won't forget to smack him up alongside the head when I ever see him again. He said he probably deserves it. They still don't know if it was his job or if it came from the kids' school. They shut his work down for ten days when his test came back positive and deep-cleaned the building.....everybody got paid for being off. They then re-opened, but with different staff until all the employees were tested negative.

The kids' school sent us an invitation for Grandparents' Day. Seriously? I texted our son and said, "Nope, not going." There's just no way we're going down there at this time. He said he understood and said he couldn't believe they were actually going have it. (But they go to a private Mennonite Christian school and, while you can say that we are being very stereotypical, around here we are seeing that the Mennonites are not wearing masks and those who own businesses are forbidding their people to wear them as well. We haven't been to our farmers' market in months because the market went under new/Mennonite management and they told all their vendors that they cannot wear masks because "it sends the wrong idea to the public". Nor do many patrons wear masks now. So we just stay away. You can't fix stupid. And it's a real shame.)

At this point, it will just be Rick and me for Thanksgiving and, if things don't get any better, for Christmas as well. Rick is all for just sending our son's family a check for Christmas and letting it go. I hate to do that, but.....well, not much in the way of alternatives this year. Pennsylvania just had its highest number yet of new cases since this whole thing started and other states are enduring the same thing. Some PA counties are ridiculously high.

I'll stop ranting now. Thanks for reading.

Last edited: