I'm going to smack him. I swear.....

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our son texted me yesterday to say that the BDay card for Evelyn wouldn't be here on time because they're all sick. Fever, aches and pain, coughing. He's missed two day of work, our GD missed a day of school, our DIL is now coming down with it, and our GS is fine. So far.

We asked if he was going to the doctor. Are they going to be tested? "Nah, it's probably just a bad cold or a bit of flu." Oh really? And there's no way it could be the virus? None? Must be nice to just shrug it all off. But they're not worried at all.

Honestly, if I wasn't worried about getting the damn thing (although I could wear a mask, I suppose), I'd go down and smack him up alongside the head. Drive the 2 hours, walk in the door, grab him by the collar to bring him down to my level (He's almost 6.4 and I'm only 5.4.) and smack him. And then turn around, walk out, and drive back home. Totally irresponsible, IMO. Men!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
He'll be 49 years old next week, so he's definitely old enough to know better. And no, I wouldn't really smack him up alongside the head....well, not hard anyway. For years, ever since he got taller than me, whenever he did something, I'd walk over to him, take hold of the collar of his shirt, and pull him down to my level. Then I'd give him a light swat on his head. Nothing hard, nothing cruel. It's just my way of saying, "Knock it off!"

The other year, DS brought DGD up to bake Christmas cookies. He was holding a container of teaberries and he hit the mixer with the container. Teaberries flew all over the place. He looked at me. I looked at him. And we both started laughing. He immediately walked over to me and came down to my level, so I could smack him up alongside the head. Man, I was finding teaberries for MONTHS!

So, you see, when I say I want to smack him up alongside the head, it's not something really awful. Honest. But this? This has me more upset than I even want to admit. It's not just him...it's the kids, too.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our son texted me yesterday to say that the BDay card for Evelyn wouldn't be here on time because they're all sick. Fever, aches and pain, coughing. He's missed two day of work, our GD missed a day of school, our DIL is now coming down with it, and our GS is fine. So far.

We asked if he was going to the doctor. Are they going to be tested? "Nah, it's probably just a bad cold or a bit of flu." Oh really? And there's no way it could be the virus? None? Must be nice to just shrug it all off. But they're not worried at all.

Honestly, if I wasn't worried about getting the damn thing (although I could wear a mask, I suppose), I'd go down and smack him up alongside the head. Drive the 2 hours, walk in the door, grab him by the collar to bring him down to my level (He's almost 6.4 and I'm only 5.4.) and smack him. And then turn around, walk out, and drive back home. Totally irresponsible, IMO. Men!
And this is just one example of why COVID is so out of control in this country!
Stay safe and stay well.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be mad too. My brother hugged a friend's wife who started developing COVID symptoms the next day and tested positive. My brother lives with his fiancee's moms (one of which has Alzheimer's), so my brother was worried. He got tested and it was negative thankfully. There should definitely be an abundance of caution these days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Update: Our DIL is still not well. Our son did get tested (finally!), but results aren't back yet. The kids are both find; our grandson never did come down with anything. Meanwhile, after our son got tested, he went back to work :livid::fuming: I am just so darn angry with him right now.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not just men, your DIL is involved too. I really really hope it's not COVID or they recover from it okay without intervention.
And don't go there even with a mask! Masks protect them, not you.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the feeling! My nephew has been staying with my 91 year old Dad and his disabled wife. He was sent home from work for “being exposed!” He went home!! He thought about calling first but didn’t. Then he left and went to see his Mom and Fad at a hotel before going to his childhood home. Less than a week later, back at work and back with my Dad! Can I borrow your smacker? Lol He towers over me too! Now I wait and hope. I also hope all of yours will recover quickly.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's confirmed. He has Covid. And he went back to work. I'm just so angry. He's my son and I love him. But the man is a freaking idiot. How stupid can one possibly be?
Tell him he can expose a lot of people to COVID and some may not be able to handle it well at all. If you still want to smack him after he recovers, stand on a chair so you can tower over him.