I'm going back to coach soccer, wish me luck!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Well after being out of it thanks to the Covid pandemic for a year I am returning to coaching U-12 soccer, we have our first practice this Sunday. I am going to take all the precautions that I can, they had no issues last Fall but I know we can't let our guard down as there are these variant strains out now, and last night one of the kid's mother emailed me that he can't practice for 10 days because his father tested positive for Covid which of course upsets me and makes me question if this is going to be okay but I just have to make sure we follow the guidelines. I am scheduled to get my first vaccine shot on Tuesday morning and that also is on my nerves, I know most people handle that one well but the second one can cause issues, but I have a history of being very sensitive to things so I know that also is working my nerves, but we need to get them as I am a direct care worker. At 60 years old I am still in good health, but these things are making me pretty "anxious", so wish me luck and I will take any advice you have to help me stay away from this plague!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well after being out of it thanks to the Covid pandemic for a year I am returning to coaching U-12 soccer, we have our first practice this Sunday. I am going to take all the precautions that I can, they had no issues last Fall but I know we can't let our guard down as there are these variant strains out now, and last night one of the kid's mother emailed me that he can't practice for 10 days because his father tested positive for Covid which of course upsets me and makes me question if this is going to be okay but I just have to make sure we follow the guidelines. I am scheduled to get my first vaccine shot on Tuesday morning and that also is on my nerves, I know most people handle that one well but the second one can cause issues, but I have a history of being very sensitive to things so I know that also is working my nerves, but we need to get them as I am a direct care worker. At 60 years old I am still in good health, but these things are making me pretty "anxious", so wish me luck and I will take any advice you have to help me stay away from this plague!
Good luck. My husband coached youth soccer for almost 15 years and had to stop because he couldn't stand dealing with most of the parents. :lol:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck - I'm 76 and had both vaccines (Biontech) - had a bit of a reaction after the 2nd shot (but it didn't last more than about 12 hours).
I'm looking forward to the day when I'll be able to start my own fitness program again. Not soccer - just aquajogging and fitness studio. But there are no signs of things getting back to normal just yet.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am scheduled to get my first vaccine shot on Tuesday morning and that also is on my nerves, I know most people handle that one well but the second one can cause issues, but I have a history of being very sensitive to things so I know that also is working my nerves
Best of luck with your soccer coaching. One thing that should make you feel a little better is that the sport is played outdoors. Regarding the vaccine, I had both doses and like you was worried about the second shot, (Murphy's Law), but did perfectly fine. My arm was sore for a day or two but otherwise it went well. Fingers crossed the same for you. :crossfingers:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wishing you the best of luck! I was worried about that second vaccine; like you, I am sensitive to certain things, but honestly, other than an itchy, sore arm for a while, it was fine. Have fun and be careful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies! I stopped in at the hospital yesterday just seeing if they perhaps had some no shows and extra vaccine so I could get it ahead of next Tuesday but they didn't, so I'll just go Tuesday morning. They said sometimes it does happen where they have no shows but not yesterday.

It's amazing the difference between people and the reactions. I asked yesterday what shot they had at the hospital I am going to and they said it's Moderna. That's what my wife and others at her work had and every one of them felt sick the next day so I'll have to see how I do but they all said it was only the second shot that did that but I'll see what happens, that's all I can do. And this morning's paper said one local school closed down because 40 teachers who got the Johnson & Johnson shot reported side effects and couldn't work! Then yet other people say they had either very mild or no reactions at all, so so strange how it goes!