I’m glad nobody is around when I tell my cat….

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I pretend to cough, extra loudly, so Zorro doesn’t hear me open a tin of soup mid nap and come running over!
I used to let Krista lick the scrambled eggs bowl after I poured it into the pan. This was a short-lived treat. But forever after, when she heard the fork tink against the bowl scrambling the eggs, she would come running to the kitchen expecting her share. Broke my heart when I couldn’t give it to her anymore because of her IBD. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿 Betty has learned that the microwave or microwave timer means I’ll have some fuss time on my hands for her. 😹😽🥰

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I used to let Krista lick the scrambled eggs bowl after I poured it into the pan. This was a short-lived treat. But forever after, when she heard the fork tink against the bowl scrambling the eggs, she would come running to the kitchen expecting her share. Broke my heart when I couldn’t give it to her anymore because of her IBD. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿 Betty has learned that the microwave or microwave timer means I’ll have some fuss time on my hands for her. 😹😽🥰
Mine know the sound of the deli lid coming off of their food container and the sound of the lid being placed on the counter. If I have a deli container for me, there's a riot in the kitchen and they won't take "cats don't need macaroni salad" for an answer. :lol:
The Pap will sit at my feet while I get their food around (work cats get fed first, then house cats, then dogs). She knows the sound of the spoon tapping the side of her dish (and only her dish) to get the excess food into the bowl, and she starts leaping into the air. (She unwisely darted in once to steal Lila's food, and got swatted by Lila at the same time I grabbed her up with a "NO". She never tried that again!)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton doesn't care about people food but one of our past cats, Sylvester, knew the sound of my yogurt lid and came running down the stairs - don't worry it was almond milk, not dairy. 😉 Another cat, Gizmo, who succumbed to FIP at an early age would eat anything that wasn't nailed down, lol. :biggrin: He was our second Persian and so darn cute that I felt guilty telling him, "sorry Trix are for kids." :nono:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🎶 “You have to prick up every stitch. It must be the Season of the Twitch!” 🎶

I rearrange song lyrics for my cats.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me to the pair of them this morning: I’ll feed you in a minute. I just have to change my top. That’s the trouble with humans, we don’t have fur, so we have to wear clothes, and sometimes make the wrong choice for the weather.

(They weren’t impressed.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
“So, your favorite Beatle is George? Good to know.“

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
“What’s the skinny, Mr. Mini?”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
“What’s the skinny, Mr. Mini?”
I do this with Betty all the time.

“What you sniffin’, Alfredo Griffin?” (Alfredo Griffin was a baseball player primarily in the 70’s and 80’s.)

“What you smellin’, Magellan?”

Or when she finally convinces me it’s meal-time,

“Let’s do it, Jon Stewa’t” (or Patrick Stewa’t.) 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
🎶 “You’re a soooper poooper, lights are gonna find you, shining like the suuuun, pooping like you’re Nuumber One!“

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sing a “Swampy Bottom” 🍑💧🎵 song at every feeding. The lyrics are often different each time but usually go something like this, in a deep gruff swamp blues voice (as much as I can muster), “Swampy bottom, who’s got a swampy bottom?”

I have a duplicate of her meal plate. One plate is “working” and the other has been washed as the former working plate. I always leave it to air dry on the counter. But the bottom doesn’t get dry. Hence the swampy bottom song as I take a paper towel to dry it before setting it to work.
😹👍

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m glad there’s no one around to hear me call Belle when I come home, so she can come out to be greeted.

I call out “Where’s my pretty pretty Belle Belle?”

When she comes out, I say “There she is!” and she flops on her side on the rug so I can sit on the floor to pet her,

Who am I kidding? I don’t care who’s around to hear me talking to my cat.