I’m glad nobody is around when I tell my cat….

kass2y5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Usually what I tell my cat I end up over sharing to everyone I know 😂😂
Today's a song in Spanish I made up on the spot
"Lamete las patitas
No las bolitas "
Which roughly translates to "lick your paws but not your balls"
He was neutered a few days and keep taking his cone off 😓😓😓 so I just sing that song to him

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sing poop songs to Betty. This is the latest.

Sometimes when I scoop the box it’s pee, or pee and poop. And sometimes, it’s…

“Poop, poop, and only poop. Poop and only poop.”

(I don’t personally understand how she does that. For me, my poop isn’t finished until I’ve also left a pee ball.)

milkyandmocha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
“I know! You like the juicy cans! MMmm, this one is extra nummy! Num, num, num!”
Oh man, I say so many random things, it may as well be gibberish! Usually when I hold one of my cats, I pat them as if they’re a baby, and say things like “babadum babadum babadum are you my baby? Yeshhh yesh you are. Do you hate me? You hate me don’t you. Don’t care, goose. Babadum babadum.” :lol:

I also call my cats a variety of different nicknames that couldn’t be further from their names (Milky and Mocha). Mocha is “Lil Racky” because she walks like a raccoon and scavenges for food, and I even see her considering raiding the garbage! Milky is “Milkzilla” or “Big Guy.” He’s not a big cat, definitely the runt of the litter. Gotta make him feel validated, y’know? ;)

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh man, I say so many random things, it may as well be gibberish! Usually when I hold one of my cats, I pat them as if they’re a baby, and say things like “babadum babadum babadum are you my baby? Yeshhh yesh you are. Do you hate me? You hate me don’t you. Don’t care, goose. Babadum babadum.” :lol:

I also call my cats a variety of different nicknames that couldn’t be further from their names (Milky and Mocha). Mocha is “Lil Racky” because she walks like a raccoon and scavenges for food, and I even see her considering raiding the garbage! Milky is “Milkzilla” or “Big Guy.” He’s not a big cat, definitely the runt of the litter. Gotta make him feel validated, y’know? ;)
Mine have so many nicknames I sometimes wonder if they even know what their real names are!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Please allow me to kiss your butt! (I don't really do this, folks. It is a paraphrase from some movie where a man was asking his boss if he could kiss his butt any harder.)
Goof is one of those cats with the "elevator butt syndrome". He has that habit of hopping onto my lap, turning to face away, and doing what cats like him do with their rear ends. Anytime he does this, I mimick Jim Carrey from Ace Ventura and say "Excuse me, I'd like to ass you a few questions"!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually what I tell my cat I end up over sharing to everyone I know 😂😂
Today's a song in Spanish I made up on the spot
"Lamete las patitas
No las bolitas "
Which roughly translates to "lick your paws but not your balls"
He was neutered a few days and keep taking his cone off 😓😓😓 so I just sing that song to him
Same, I have no shame about anyone hearing what I say to my baby baby babies, however ridiculous it may seem to them. In fact, given how thin the walls in these units are, it’s quite possible the neighbours do hear! 😸😸

milkyandmocha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mine have so many nicknames I sometimes wonder if they even know what their real names are!
That makes two of us!! I’ve gotten many confused head tilts when speaking directly at them using different names. It feels like I make up new names every day. Everyone always jokes that I’m gonna make their heads spin!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I counted my long-gone Mamie’s and Abbey’s nicknames once - proper nicknames, regularly used, not just endearments - and they each had about fifty.
I once tried to name all of my nicknames I was using (I had 5 pets at the time) and I couldn't do it. Lila is so short on her little legs my Mom nicknamed her Munchie, and that turned into Munch, then Muncie (I tell her, "You have a town in Indiana named after you"), then I thought "well, I need to get a male kitten and name him Crunch so I have Crunch and Munch"), then she became Crunch Munch, then Crunchy Munchy, then Munchie March when she stomps around at feeding time, and Lila Munch. When she was being naughty, her nickname was "Lila the Liar" or Li-Liar which eventually was shortened to Li-Li, or Li. I love these little nicknames we come up with for them. My Tag had so many, too.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This one I have said in public when walking him (& hope no one heard) when he was near his nemesis home & got all growly “that is no way to talk to your mommy!” I talk to him a lot when he walks because it helps get him moving. That ranks right next to when I tongue in cheek call him “boss cat” sometimes on his walk.

“Jackie did you step in litter again?!?” He sometimes steps in wet litter crossing over the side of the boxes. It is a pain to get out between his toes. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️