I’m Getting Two Different Takeover Ads Now

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just now I got this:
Screenshot_2018-08-12-11-40-08.png

I'm glad my browser is blocking it, but yeah, they're still trying.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I can't get more than 2 pages before getting an amazon pop-up as well. It's mostly on this site (not as much on others).

I give up trying to access the site on my phone

iPhone7, Safari and Chrome both have issues

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the content here, but the issue is not improving. Google chrome on iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for the reports. I took the image to pass it along to the tech people and then deleted it, talkingpeanut talkingpeanut

Again, I apologize for these ads popping up. They're absolutely not in line with our filters. Those are set to never allow any pop-ups, ever. This is a type of spam that's attacking ad networks and through them - our site. We're working on resolving this asap.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the reports. I took the image to pass it along to the tech people and then deleted it, talkingpeanut talkingpeanut

Again, I apologize for these ads popping up. They're absolutely not in line with our filters. Those are set to never allow any pop-ups, ever. This is a type of spam that's attacking ad networks and through them - our site. We're working on resolving this asap.
Thank you, and apologies for posting.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
No problem. Hopefully it won't happen again - but if it does, please send me the screenshot via a private message.

We've put more filters in place now. Hopefully that will stop the pop-ups.

Those who were getting them - please let me know if you're getting any over the coming few days. Thanks!

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was getting the ads to. I have an iPhone. I installed iAdBlocker app and followed the directions for how to set it. No more ads now. If you have Android you can get ad blocker apps for it too. Google ad blocker apps to read reviews and determine which might be best for your phone.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I will have to play around later to see. I haven't tried to get on my phone here in the past few days

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anne Anne
I just upgraded my version of Chrome android. I will let you know on pm if I have any additional problems
Carol

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I was getting the ads to. I have an iPhone. I installed iAdBlocker app and followed the directions for how to set it. No more ads now. If you have Android you can get ad blocker apps for it too. Google ad blocker apps to read reviews and determine which might be best for your phone.
We do our best to prevent the pop-ups here. I would really appreciate it if our members can help us fight them by reporting rather than blocking all ads by the site. These ads pay for running the site and if everyone uses ad blockers, we won't be able to keep doing that.

Continued support of TCS by allowing ads from this site is appreciated!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Excellent.

If anyone is still getting them, please do report here along with
  • Type of browser.
  • Exact time and timezone.
Thank you!

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am also getting these same pop-ups randomly on my I-Phone using Safari. I have cleared my history but that only helps for a day or two. It is not everyday but I can not even read the forums when it does happen. I am not getting any pop-ups on my desk top at all though. I will post the information you requested about the time frame next time it happens. I just cleared my history on my phone again. It usually takes 2-3 days for them to come back. I do not know how to do screenshots on my phone.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I am also getting these same pop-ups randomly on my I-Phone using Safari. I have cleared my history but that only helps for a day or two. It is not everyday but I can not even read the forums when it does happen. I am not getting any pop-ups on my desk top at all though. I will post the information you requested about the time frame next time it happens. I just cleared my history on my phone again. It usually takes 2-3 days for them to come back. I do not know how to do screenshots on my phone.
So sorry to hear that. A timestamp will be helpful too - it allows our team to try and track down the ads in the stream. Thank you for sticking around and helping me fight these pesky spammers!

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear that. A timestamp will be helpful too - it allows our team to try and track down the ads in the stream. Thank you for sticking around and helping me fight these pesky spammers!
You are welcome. I really enjoy this site. I know you are working on this issue. I think the only way this issue can be fixed is communication when things happen. You do an excellent job following up and I appreciate it.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you so much for the show of support! :redheartpump:

We'll be deploying another fix to the ads script in the coming few days and hopefully, that will resolve the issue. :crossfingers: