im feeling a little down today .... i could use a friend to talk to / A little about myself

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
having real sad thoughts lately cause my mom wants to go to a nursing home and thats like where people go when they are ready to die .... lord please hold me tight tonight :bawling2: :dizzycat:
You don’t have to say, but, how bad is her health right now? Could it be she still has some pep in her step and is just trying to make things easy on all of you, and herself? In any case lean on friends and family where you can, esp. for advice, and take it one day at a time. Now might just be a good idea to make sure any paperwork is in order that needs to be, if that is possible. And maybe she’ll make some good friends there, or have some activities she likes -or would like- to do. (Do they accept pets at all? Some nursing homes have roaming ‘comfort pets,’ that often provide a great deal of happiness to those staying there). I think keeping your mind active is half the battle…maybe that’s where you can help..does she Ike crosswords, games, puzzles or gardening?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Margot Lane Margot Lane i am not near her , she lives in texas and im in michign... she is not able to take care of herself and sometimes falls and hurts herself ... she is having trouble with both of her legs . with me being here in michigan there is nothing that i can do .

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Margot Lane Margot Lane i am not near her , she lives in texas and im in michign... she is not able to take care of herself and sometimes falls and hurts herself ... she is having trouble with both of her legs . with me being here in michigan there is nothing that i can do .
O dear, am so sorry. Don’t discount the sound of your voice on the phone or a letter: I’m sure that is a big emotional boost for her. Maybe a nursing home is a good idea if she is falling. I hope she has walker or cane.