im feeling a little down today .... i could use a friend to talk to / A little about myself

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
there has been a lot going on here at my place that has me feeling slightly on edge , patience is running low with the hubby and like i have no safe place to be at when hes gone to work ... a homeless young man has been coming to my door when im sleeping and taps on my door like 5 or 6 times during the night and disturbed my rest ... i have told the hubby how i feel and im basically being ignored ... i am ready to give up .... i dont hate people but dont want him here at all ( homeless person)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
im basically walking on egg shells around my husband cause he feels compelled to " save" this person . the young boy seems quite intelligent and all but choses to live in a tent next to the grocery store in the woods ... i question his smarts though . i dont answer the door when he knocks , i stay in my bed and ignore his tapping . i just wish that the guy would forget where we live and go bug someone else ... am i wrong for feeling this way guys ?

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
No, you're not wrong. See if you can ask your husband what he's been able to do/who he has been able to contact.

He's not considering inviting the person in to the house, is he?
Furballsmom Furballsmom this young guy has been in my house 3 or 4 times already and when hubs goes to work i dont let him in at all . being married , i feel its very inappropriate for the guy to be here when i am alone

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he comes by at the same time, have the cops do a pass by your house around that time. Maybe they'll get lucky and catch him. If caught, you could file for a restraining order and it will become criminal if he gets caught around your house once it's served. Stand up to your husband and tell him that you don't feel comfortable with this guy around when you are home alone.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
I understand, and agree completely.
Furballsmom Furballsmom i was raised the old fashioned way by grandparents and firmly believe that its not right to have another man in your house when the hubs is not here ... hubs doesnt quite grasp what i am trying to say and thinks im being snooty

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
If he comes by at the same time, have the cops do a pass by your house around that time. Maybe they'll get lucky and catch him. If caught, you could file for a restraining order and it will become criminal if he gets caught around your house once it's served. Stand up to your husband and tell him that you don't feel comfortable with this guy around when you are home alone.
klunick klunick yes i have told him everything that i feel but its falling on a deaf ear ... its hard to pin piont what time this guy shows cause its not always the same time at night ... thank you for your support hun it means alot to me

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick yes i have told him everything that i feel but its falling on a deaf ear ... its hard to pin piont what time this guy shows cause its not always the same time at night ... thank you for your support hun it means alot to me
Then speak louder. :lol: How old is this guy and what is your husband doing to help him? I would be pissed if my husband let some stranger hang out in the house.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
Then speak louder. :lol: How old is this guy and what is your husband doing to help him? I would be pissed if my husband let some stranger hang out in the house.
klunick klunick im guessing somewhere between late 20's to early 30's . my husband has given him food , got him a ride to the hospital cause he had a bad foot and tried to give him a new phone too ... i am very upset inside and feel like i have nowhere to turn . its very frustrating dealing with the hubs " savior complex"

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick im guessing somewhere between late 20's to early 30's . my husband has given him food , got him a ride to the hospital cause he had a bad foot and tried to give him a new phone too ... i am very upset inside and feel like i have nowhere to turn . its very frustrating dealing with the hubs " savior complex"
You are a better woman than me. If my husband pulled that crap, he'd be living in the tent with the dude! If this guy hasn't gotten his act together by 30, it's not going to happen no matter what your husband does. Some people are lost causes.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
You are a better woman than me. If my husband pulled that crap, he'd be living in the tent with the dude! If this guy hasn't gotten his act together by 30, it's not going to happen no matter what your husband does. Some people are lost causes.
klunick klunick yes i totally agree with you ! i had a strong feeling this guy was a lost cause at the very beginning but the hubs ids bound and determined to help this guy at all costs .... im indifferent to it and want his butt gone for good

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had a strong feeling this guy was a lost cause at the very beginning
Well he's probably not a lost cause, probably mental illness of some type that makes it hard to work. Try to convince your husband to get him help from social services. They are the only ones with deep enough pockets to really help somebody fix their life. Your husband can't really help him with his day to day needs, it's too expensive.