I'm curious about breeds for my 4 babies

Storm_Pillow_Englett

Demiboy He/They
Kitten
Purraise
I think that Splotches(Calico), Flash(Orange Tabby) are just domestic shorthairs while Dumbo(long hair Torbby) is probably a domestic long hair, though she is several times smaller than the other cats and Flash is bigger than most toms I've seen, While I am a bit more skeptical about Minnow(Calibby), her ears and face are quite the bit differently shaped then all the othe cats I've owned.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Storm_Pillow_Englett

Demiboy He/They
Kitten
Purraise
Wouldn't attach the pictures, I'm trying to attach them now

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Calliby appears to be a dilute calico DSH (domestic short hair) with white. Her larger ears and differently shaped face could be attributed to some Oriental somewhere in there. Without papers the breed is moot. If she does, she will be stubborn, VERY talkative, and active. I LOVE the Oriental breed they make for some interesting crosses.

Storm_Pillow_Englett

Demiboy He/They
Kitten
Purraise
My mom kept talking about how she looke siamese and honestly, she does look oriental large ears, pointed elongated face, long tail and a very long flexible body, she is very noisy, loves to play, she needs attention all the time and she can't stand being told no lol! Also I adsumed she was dilute but wasn't sure that's so helpful to know!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they carry a LOT of the Siamese genes, their hair will 'feel' different and they have a different smell to their skin too. Their voices are usually raspier and different too. Dilute just means a paler version of a color, softer. Oriental bodies are usually thinner with long legs too. My last one, Casper, (in my avatar picture) is the white one. He couldn't stand being told no either. He'd knock our phones off the counter if he couldn't go outside. Our cats are all strictly inside now, sooner or later the road will get them, it's a heartache we can do without.

Storm_Pillow_Englett

Demiboy He/They
Kitten
Purraise
I understand putting your cats inside I think that's a good choice! Also Minnow moves around alot so I can never really gauge if she has light grey and cream splotches or nearly black and red splotches, so it helps having anothe rpersons opinions, she is also alot longer and thinner than all my cats and her fur feels soft thich and short, it almost feels like Dumbo's but short, which is odd. Also casper is absolutely gorgeous, I hope all your cats are doing well and thank you so much for the help!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are beauties 😻 I don’t know which is which 😹
, one looks like a dsh torbie calico to me, not dilute, gorgeous girl, one like a calico dsh, one red tux dsh and your tabby dlh looks like she/ he has possible forest cat ancestry. The red and white and torbie calico look like they could have oriental ancestry.

Last edited:

Storm_Pillow_Englett

Demiboy He/They
Kitten
Purraise
They are beauties 😻 I don’t know which is which 😹
, one looks like a dsh torbie calico to me, not dilute, gorgeous girl, one like a calico dsh, one red tux dsh and your tabby dlh looks like she/ he has possible forest cat ancestry. The red and white and torbie calico look like they could have oriental ancestry.
Dumbo is my domestic long hair she is a tortoise shell tabby, Flash is the tabby, Minnow is the grey and orange tabby calico(I think she might be dilute bc she is lighter than flash(who is red) and splotches, Splotches is the solid black and orange with white calico

Storm_Pillow_Englett

Demiboy He/They
Kitten
Purraise
I think that Splotches(Calico), Flash(Orange Tabby) are just domestic shorthairs while Dumbo(long hair Torbby) is probably a domestic long hair, though she is several times smaller than the other cats and Flash is bigger than most toms I've seen, While I am a bit more skeptical about Minnow(Calibby), her ears and face are quite the bit differently shaped then all the othe cats I've owned.
I Noticed that Splotches face isn't showing in any of the pics, So here is a picture of the babies face lmao

Attachments