I’m back!

GingerKittyLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Don’t know if anyone that replied to my previous posts is still here. But my Peanut is no longer living with Starless the senior female black cat. Read the previous conversations for details. We moved into a 2 bedroom apt back in nov of 2019, & since she belonged to other family that was staying in the home & they were able to take care of her on their own, she stayed. Since moving, they’ve gotten a male black cat & he’s a wild no regrets kitty. She tolerates him at least according to them. Recently, we decided to also get a new addition, & get Peanut a new female friend. He is about 3 1/2 years old now, & we took in a 5 1/2 year old female cat that someone was not wanting anymore. They also had a male they were trying to rehome, but our apt has a 2 pet limit unfortunately. We asked the people to please take her to a vet for a checkup & to get the vaccines before we’d take her in. So they did that, & gave us the papers as proof, they gave us a whole folder of papers on her & her history as a matter of fact. She was found abandoned at 4 days old with her littermates & they were reported & picked up by a shelter. So she’s been spoiled since she was very young. Her name is Smudge, & she is a tabby/tortoiseshell mix, so i believe that makes her a Torbie. She is so pretty, & friendly towards us, but she is also very set in her ways, & will let you know if she doesn’t like something. She’s hissed & growled at me for a flea treatment, & fought me trying to scoot/move her over on the bed, & the same for yelling at her to get out of the blinds in the windows. She has such an attitude, lol! So here we go again with trying to introduce cats. They are not fighting, but she comes at Peanut with hisses, growls, & swipes, & Peanut reciprocates & hisses back, & he just looks so confused at us, but he has been acting submissive towards her. She does not seem to want anything to do with him right now. We’ve opened up our spare bedroom where we have been keeping her to give her an opportunity to explore the rest of our apt, as she is acting like a cooped up animal & kind of been lashing out toward us lately, like she is bipolar. i put her litter box out in the hallway nearby the bedroom entrance & her food/water in the doorway to try to encourage her to see that there is a way out & she doesn’t have to stay in there. & she just won’t come out at all. We’ve had her a few weeks now, & she opened up to us right away in days. I don’t think she got much attention or interaction at home, she was freaked out at first when i tried to play with her, like she has never played before, so now she does that a little at least. We are not sure why the people wanted to get rid of her & the male. I hope it wasn’t because they were just tired of them. I can’t imagine getting tired of your furry kids after 5 1/2 years, & just deciding to dump them, good thing the people decided to ask around though, because who knows where the cats would have ended up. Any advice anyone can give based on the situation would be appreciated.
I’ve updated my profile pic of Peanut, Pics are attached of Smudge.

Attachments