I'm attending many cat shows these days - stop by and introduce yourself if you are there

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been making pet products for about 10 years now, and started to attend the cat show circuit heavily about a year ago. Chances are, if you are anywhere between Louisville and Denver and attend a cat show, you might see me there. I'm the one that makes the PVC framed Cat Condos. They have really been a big hit because no one else out there makes anything quite like it.

I'm not showing any cats. Mine are too old and set in their ways to even attempt the household cat category. I just sell my handcrafted wares at CFA, ACFA and TICA shows.

If you happen to be attending any of these shows, or just live nearby and want to meet me, here is my schedule that I'm aware of for the remainder of 2013. I love to actually meet folks that I've met online.

August 17-18 - Wausau, WI - Central Wisconsin Cat Club
August 31 - Sept 1 - Louisville KY - Kentuckiana Cat Club
Sept 7 - Overland Park, KS - There's No Place Like Home fundraiser for Help Humane
Sept 14-15 - Wichita, KS - KansasKatz Cat Show
Sept 21-22 - Branson, MO - Ozark Mounain Cat Fanciers
Oct 5-6 - Des Moines, IA - Cat-N-Around Cat Club
Oct 19-20 - Cedar Rapids, IA - Friendly Cat Fanciers of Iowa
Nov 16-17 - Brighton, CO - Econo Cat Club
December - Columbia Missouri

I may squeeze in a show in St Louis in early November.

If you've been to shows earlier this year across the Midwest, you may have seen me at any of these places: Rockford IL, Denver CO, Brighton CO, St Louis MO, Springfield IL, Topeka KS, Lawrence KS, Rochester MN. I put a lot of miles on my car.

PM me if you want information about my business.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm halfway between St Louis and Louisville. Love to visit with you but doubt I can make it. :(

I'll wave as you pass through Southern Indiana, okay? :wavey:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Do you ever get to the Southwest Region? Arizona, southern California, a little corner of Nevada.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm halfway between St Louis and Louisville. Love to visit with you but doubt I can make it. :(

I'll wave as you pass through Southern Indiana, okay? :wavey:
I'll wave back at you!

Do you ever get to the Southwest Region? Arizona, southern California, a little corner of Nevada.
I really wanted to attend the show in Tucson this year, but it's at least a 2 day drive for me and there are too many shows around the same time. My stuff is too heavy to ship so I'm forced to attend shows at reasonable driving distances. If I ever get to a point where I have a traveling RV, distance will no longer be an issue. Not there yet.

I have been invited to shows in Utah and people from California keep telling me that they don't see anything like I make out there. I get a lot of people that fly into the shows from across the country so I meet them in the midwest, just can't make it out to where they live.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
If you get out this way let me know. I think most of the Tucson shows are TICA and I only show in CFA. But I have family in Tucson so I can always make time for a visit. :)

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never been to a cat show. I think it would be a lot of fun, but I don't know if they have them anywhere close to me.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you get out this way let me know. I think most of the Tucson shows are TICA and I only show in CFA. But I have family in Tucson so I can always make time for a visit. :)
The club in Tucson is the Coatimondi Cat Club and they are TICA. I have found people that will show in both CFA and TICA once in a while, but that is in areas where there aren't that many other shows close by.

I have never been to a cat show. I think it would be a lot of fun, but I don't know if they have them anywhere close to me.
There is another club group called ACFA (American Cat Fancier Association) that I'm finding very heavy in the midwest and less so in other parts of the country. I believe this was the original cat association and both CFA and TICA splintered off from them. Their show schedule is here: http://www.acfacat.com/show_schedule.htm

I actually do a lot more ACFA shows than anything else. CFA shows around the midwest are often 1 day shows and I can't justify driving and paying for a hotel for a 1 day show. The TICA shows are more rare around here, but I am going to one in Wichita in September.

TICA and CFA are beginning to sponsor shows with Agility trials. I made some weave poles and jump kits to take with me to their shows. My cats really had a fun time playing with them!

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
   You're half right about the history.  

CFA is the oldest of those 3.     CFA started in 1906.     It wasn't the very first cat registry ever in the US. but it is the oldest that is still a legit registry.    

ACFA split off from CFA in the 1950s.

Then TICA split off from ACFA in the late 1970s.    It was a former President of ACFA who started TICA.   Since then TICA  has ended up becoming much bigger. 

@ blueeyedgirl,  I know ACFA does still have some shows in the Southeast. at least in Florida I think.   

Too bad you did not do the TICA Great Lakes Regional  Aug 9-11 in Waukesha, WI .  They had a good gate;  I bet the vendors did well.    I know ACFA had their Annual the next week.  

There's various reasons why people might show in both CFA and TICA.  Sometimes they  want a cat to get to a certain title in both,  (but they usually could only campaign them for a really big award in one or the other. ) 

Sometimes  they bought a cat from a breeder who primarily shows in the other association, and part of the agreement was to show the cat a certain amount / to a certain title level ,  in the association the cat's own breeder mostly ( or exclusively) shows in.   

Sometimes  it's just that there aren't many shows in their main association at a time period that they want to get a kitten/ young cat used to showing  so they also show some in the other assoc. to get the show experience.   

Or they've got one cat that does better in CFA shows and another cat that does better in TICA.   that is  especially with some breeds where there's a difference in preference in type between  CFA and TICA.  

And I think some people are sort of on the fence and trying out both ... or they've been showing quite a while in one and are testing the waters with the other one.    
The club in Tucson is the Coatimondi Cat Club and they are TICA. I have found people that will show in both CFA and TICA once in a while, but that is in areas where there aren't that many other shows close by.
There is another club group called ACFA (American Cat Fancier Association) that I'm finding very heavy in the midwest and less so in other parts of the country. I believe this was the original cat association and both CFA and TICA splintered off from them. Their show schedule is here: http://www.acfacat.com/show_schedule.htm

I actually do a lot more ACFA shows than anything else. CFA shows around the midwest are often 1 day shows and I can't justify driving and paying for a hotel for a 1 day show. The TICA shows are more rare around here, but I am going to one in Wichita in September.

TICA and CFA are beginning to sponsor shows with Agility trials. I made some weave poles and jump kits to take with me to their shows. My cats really had a fun time playing with them!

Last edited:

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Too bad you did not do the TICA Great Lakes Regional  Aug 9-11 in Waukesha, WI .  They had a good gate;  I bet the vendors did well.    I know ACFA had their Annual the next week.  
I was invited to the Waukesha show and passed on that one because I didn't have the time to drive to Wisconsin 2 weekends in a row (I live in Kansas City). I did attend the ACFA annual in Wausau at the prompting of a couple of ACFA people. The gate at Wausau was probably the worst of any show that I've ever attended and I won't return to that show. Hindsight tells me that I should have picked the Waukesha show over the Wausau show. Oh well.

By chance, will you be at the Wichita show in September? That's the next TICA show that I will be attending.

Last edited: