I'm alive and back - Maybe

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
You may have missed my pithy postings for the last few months. I've had quite ar ride dur9ng this time. I've gone crazy (literally), been hospitalized ten times in six different hospitals, gone blind (except for a bit of light in one eye), and become paralyzed from the waist down, all overnigth. Oh, and I've started dialysis, too. And I "celebrated" my 74th birthday.

Robert is raking wonderful care of me, and it's a major job.

I can't seem to find my private messages with you so I'd love to hear from you. Res0onding is a challenge, but I'll try. Lying in bed all day gets boring and lonely since I can't even watch TV or read.

Love and kitties to all.!

p.s. 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 please contact me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having and I hope you're doing well!

Happy Birthday though =( I'm sorry it sounds like you didn't get to celebrate, corvid19 I know is taking a toll.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, what a rough time you've had!

I'm sorry to hear about all you've been through. Have you tried listening to any books on CD? That might keep you occupied if you can't read or watch TV.

I hope you're on the road to recovery now.

:hugs:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, you've really been through it. Are you able to listen to music? Books on tape as Norachan Norachan
mentioned sounds like a great idea.Maybe just listening to a movie that you know well would be nice.
I am so sorry about all you're going through.

Love,
Mia 💖

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! Not to pry and you don't need to give an answer but, is it Gulliain Barre Syndrome? It's pretty rare, so just putting it out there in case you didn't/haven't been able to get a diagnosis.
I hope you find ways to keep yourself busy and can recover as much as possible. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your health dilemma the past few months but glad you posted to update us. Books and music are both great ideas. And, of course, cats make wonderful companions when you''re not feeling up to par. :catlove:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this, and hope you are on the mend.

Just a suggestion. Check with your local library and see if you can borrow or download some audio books. My library has hundreds of them.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good to hear from you again. So sorry you have had such a bad time with your health. I hope you will find things to keep you occupied. We are all here for you.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back! :hugs: Don't feel like you're posting out of pity at all - you can rant to us as much as you like! Sending positive vibes your way.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome back. So sorry, though, to read of all the health challenges you've been dealing with during your absence. Hope things start to get better for you soon. :hugs: