I’m afraid my cat may have eye issues

reinrein1020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I’ve had my cat since he was 2 months old and now he is over a year old. He has always been squinting with one eye, at times he even blinks with one eye at me. During the times we’ve gone to the vet for overall checkups, the vets have never pointed out any health issues with my cat and would say he’s fine. Just recently I’ve noticed that his eye discharge seems to be red. I’ve tried to look it up and I learned that squinting and red discharge may be a sign of eye problems. Now my cat’s eye looks irritated like this. Is it possible that my cat has been experiencing eye issues since he was a kitten?

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It is hard to guess whether this is an ongoing issue, but certainly could be since you say he has squinted his eye routinely in the past. Did you ever mention it to the vet when you were there? At any rate, these new problems do need to be checked out by the vet - sooner rather than later - to determine what might be causing them and how they can be treated. If there is an issue in getting an appt, try sending the vet pics to see if that might encourage them to get him scheduled sooner.