I'm A Simple Person...

Flapjack's Mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I only like Ketchup on my burgers. Going to gourmet burger places like Red Robins would be pointless to me. You can only get so far with just Ketchup on a burger. And that's the way I like it. It's rare when I accept a couple of pickles or a slice of cheese on my burger. Fast food employees don't seem to understand that I ONLY want KETCHUP on my burgers, no onions, no mustard (talking about you friggin McDonald's :mad2:) just Ketchup, and I'm a happy person.
BTW I only go to McDonald's for their breakfast burritos nowadays.

I also don't like salt on my fries. Fast food restaurants seem to be out of control when it comes to salting fries. It's like they dip each individual fry in a tub of salt and I can't stand it. It burns my mouth and makes it dry and I think I feel my cholesterol shooting up :cringe: so I ask for no salt on my fries when I frequent my favorite fast food places, I get em fresh because of that ^_~

I only like vanilla ice cream and cake. Not even chocolate, my boyfriend's the chocoholic so I leave him to that. I'm pretty basic.

Food rant over, also I'm sorry if you dislike Ketchup, I know many people don't like Ketchup for some reason :s

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pasta with butter is bliss. Same with white rice. Just some butter. I often eat burgers plain because if you have good quality meat, all that extra stuff masks the flavor. I'll make a good burger, add a dash of salt and call it a day. Somtimes plain, simple foods are the best.

I hate ketchup. Sorry. Mustard on a burger is just gross.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't go quite that simple but I too am not interested in a bunch of toppings. My preference is a cheeseburger with lettuce, mayo and if they are ripe with flavor tomatoes. I rarely get fries at a fast food place because they are over salted for my taste. Given a choice between too much salt on them or no salt I will take no salt. When I 'make' them at home, which is heating up the frozen ones in the oven, I will put a little salt on them.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love really good corn on the cob plain. Nothing else.

Really ripe tomatoes don't need a thing either either (although you could usually find Dad and me out sitting in the tomato patch with a salt shaker. Pick a tomato, bite into it, a couple shakes of salt and gobble. I came in from work one afternoon, asked "Where's Dad?" "Oh, he's out in the tomatoes!" :yess: And I went out and sat down with him. From year to year, we had some pretty good conversations in that patch of tomatoes. Some great memories of that patch.)

When we do burgers for the family, I'll line a platter with lettuce leaves, then slices of really ripe tomatoes. I'll make a bowl of NY Push Cart Onion Sauce for those who want onions; sometimes, I'll just thinly slice a red onion. Rick will make cheeseburgers for those who want them, but I'll also thinly slice some baby Swiss and cheddar. Ketchup, mustard, zucchini relish, my BIL likes horseradish sauce, our son likes mayo. When it's just Rick and me? Burgers, some ketchup and mustard, a bit of zucchini relish, and a slice of cheese (sometimes). Buns are optional.

I like Wendy's fries because they're not over-salted. At home, I slather them with malt vinegar, a wee bit of sea salt, and dip them in ketchup or BBQ sauce. I even use cocktail sauce. :paperbag::paperbag:

I can't do pasta with just butter, though. Maybe some garlic butter and freshly sauteed veggies in the mix (peas, carrots, peppers, etc.). Similarly, I can't have just rice and butter, although I do like a simple rice pudding.

My cousin sprinkled black pepper on his vanilla ice cream. He always said it really brings out the vanilla flavor of the ice cream. No thanks, I'll pass.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
(although you could usually find Dad and me out sitting in the tomato patch with a salt shaker.
oh, this brought back a similar memory, thanks :)!

like Wendy's fries because they're not over-salted. At home, I slather them with malt vinegar, a wee bit of sea salt, and dip them in ketchup or BBQ sauce. I even use cocktail sauce
hmmm, I may have to try this :yummy:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love really good corn on the cob plain. Nothing else.

Really ripe tomatoes don't need a thing either either (although you could usually find Dad and me out sitting in the tomato patch with a salt shaker. Pick a tomato, bite into it, a couple shakes of salt and gobble. I came in from work one afternoon, asked "Where's Dad?" "Oh, he's out in the tomatoes!" :yess: And I went out and sat down with him. From year to year, we had some pretty good conversations in that patch of tomatoes. Some great memories of that patch.)

When we do burgers for the family, I'll line a platter with lettuce leaves, then slices of really ripe tomatoes. I'll make a bowl of NY Push Cart Onion Sauce for those who want onions; sometimes, I'll just thinly slice a red onion. Rick will make cheeseburgers for those who want them, but I'll also thinly slice some baby Swiss and cheddar. Ketchup, mustard, zucchini relish, my BIL likes horseradish sauce, our son likes mayo. When it's just Rick and me? Burgers, some ketchup and mustard, a bit of zucchini relish, and a slice of cheese (sometimes). Buns are optional.

I like Wendy's fries because they're not over-salted. At home, I slather them with malt vinegar, a wee bit of sea salt, and dip them in ketchup or BBQ sauce. I even use cocktail sauce. :paperbag::paperbag:

I can't do pasta with just butter, though. Maybe some garlic butter and freshly sauteed veggies in the mix (peas, carrots, peppers, etc.). Similarly, I can't have just rice and butter, although I do like a simple rice pudding.

My cousin sprinkled black pepper on his vanilla ice cream. He always said it really brings out the vanilla flavor of the ice cream. No thanks, I'll pass.
I am eating veggies with noodles right now for dinner. When I grew tomatoes I used to eat them with just salt and mayo. I miss them so much. The ones you buy now have no taste.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could live on tomatoes sandwices on toast. I can't wait for ours to be ready. May be late this year because of the June rain.

I love a ground sirloin burger wih just blue cheese on a good bun and I adore patty melts.
A tomato sandwich with salt and mayo is my favorite food in the whole world.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Oh yes. Love tomato sandwiches. A couple lettuce leaves, some mayo, a wee bit of salt and thick slices of tomato. Be still my heart! And I'm a blue cheese hound, too. Sometimes when Rick makes stuffed burgers, he'll put in blue cheese for me. :yummy: I even like blue cheese on my pizza. Our local pizza place makes a black and blue pizza that is decadent!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most of the food I eat is plain. Because of stomach and digestive issues, I have had to cut back seriously on raw vegetables like tomato, onions, lettuce, etc. So my hamburgers are plain with a little mayo and a pickle, maybe just a squirt of brown mustard. I can't eat highly seasoned food either. Pizza is a thing of the past, even gluten free. Basically, I eat, grilled meat, no fried, no gravy etc. Yes, I know it is boring. I just do what it take to not have gluten issues or gastric issues.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Flapjack's Mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946
Grilled meat with a dash of seasoning is the best. :) I prefer grilled meat over fried any way because high blood pressure runs in my family and I'm not the most active. Plus eating grilled meat makes me feel better as weird as that sounds