I'm A Familiar Member, Could You Help Me?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
As other members have acknowledged your positive and truly compassionate posts, please add my name to the list. You have helped so many people in countless ways and now it is our turn to give you the support and prayers you request. Sending special thoughts and a group hug to one very special person who makes coming to the forum a wondrous experience for all. :vibes::vibes::grouphug:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are a worthy being,deserving of love. It may not feel that way right now,but it's darkest before the dawn.

This is your mind working you over. It is not who you truly are,and it's not what you want to be. I know this will be hard,but you MUST get up and start moving. Small steps at first. Go take a shower(I know,the last thing you want to do is get wet). Go outside,even if just for a moment. Eat something,anything. Do not turn on the tv just to be distracted,you're better off reading a good book. Listen to music that makes to feel good,and talk to Ray about what you are feeling. These are all things that are proven steps to deal with clinical depression. They won't solve the issue,but will help lessen the effects.

Stay strong,not just for you...but for Ray.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart I've always found your posts to be very kind and thoughtful. You are a valuable asset to this crazy wonderful community. The big thing to remember is that we are here for you, as you've been here for us.

If there's anything I've learned over the years, it's that nobody is immune to depression. Some folks may have to deal with dark days on occasion, but for others it can be a daily battle. You may not be at this place, but I've always found this little blurb helpful when things get tough...

*hands you a stick*
:hangin: hang in there :grouphug:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just want to let my many friends know, I have met with my doctor who has allowed me to increase my medication, he knows me well. My hope is when I feel a little better, I can repay each and every one here with much kindness and compassion and much support. It would please me very much. Thank you, thank you.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie and I are here for you, as you have always been for us. It is a mutual circle.
We love you, care about you.. Knowing you and how much of an integral member of
Artie's Army, we are wishing you all the best. We need YOU...

Your kindness is legendary!! Artie and I mean it.

Depression is an evil opponent. I know that from experience. I am so glad your physician is available and able to help.

Speedy is there for you.. When you get the very low lows, Speedy is there.. He is the constant in your life. He loves you, for you.. Do not let others or other things deprive you of being you wonderful self.

Talk to Speedy, cry to Speedy.. Either before or after, come on line here!!
We are all here for YOU.. We understand.

Try to be good to yourself. I mean it, Be good: by thinking good thoughts.. remembering
good things, and not focusing on the negative or bad things..

There is always one of your friends on line. Take a chance, talk to them. Pick anyone.
Yea re all supporting you.. WE want you to know you are LOVED...

Love from Artie and Cindy

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry that you are hurting right now. I hope you feel better soon. You came to the right place for support. I haven't had depression but I do have anxiety issues and I know how hard things can be when you are feeling overwhelmed. Treat yourself with kindness and give lots of loves to Speedy. Cuddling a cat is the best medicine for a bruised soul. I'm sending you prayers and good thoughts :vibes:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:You poor sweet dear. I'm so glad you came to us for help and that your Dr is working with you rather than against you as so many Drs seem to do now days. I just saw this thread tonite, things have been hectic lately and I've not been able to spend as much time here on TCS as usual. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs: Hugs from me and Gypsy to you and Speedy. :catlove::catrub:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear you are having a tough time. I'll be praying for you and Speedy. I'm glad your dr is working on adjusting your meds. You posted some very nice pictures of yourself and Speedy. You both take care now and things are going to get better, the might not look like they will but I know they will.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Non-medical depression resources that I've used with some success:
  • Meditation. Not necessarily "Transcendental meditation"; you don't have to clear all thought from your mind or something like that. Just relax and imagine a beautiful, safe place where you can go to think about things.
  • Walking, or any other rhythmic exercise. It gets the blood flowing and rhythmic movement actually tends to induce a meditative state. I know an author who says that she always scrubs the kitchen floor when she has writer's block. Same principle, but walking is more fun.
  • YouTube has some marvelous environmental audios; my favorite is this one:
  • YouTube also has some videos with labels like "happiness music, binaural beats." When listened to with earphones or headphones (so that each ear is getting the correct input) they can induce the brain to release serotonin. Some of them, unfortunately, aren't very pretty music so search for one that sounds good. The theory into how this works is both too long to go into here and I don't entirely understand it, but the science appears to be valid.
Beyond that, I'll PM you.

Margret

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are not even words available or in existence that would capture the joy and peace my heart feels from the wishes, prayers, and kind, compassionate words I have received here and in private messages. My friends here are about the good in the world. I am seeing another one of my doctor's today to make sure I am on the right path. It is my desire to return everyone's kindness with my support and listening on this site, to all who have posted here and I strongly desire to "pay it back" because of my friends here. I guess it means, things are looking a little better today. It is my desire to find a great urgency in Life to be compassionate and kind, as I think that is all that will matter someday. I wish my friends a gentle day and evening, wherever you are located.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you ever so much to all! My medication was increased yesterday and it is helping immensely. I saw one of my doctors today also which has helped me so much. The third most excellent thing to report is I have the compassion and kindness of all of you here.

Luckily, at 56 I have been through this type of cycle many times before. I say luckily, because, I instinctively know how to nurse myself better by asking for help and taking my medicine. You see, my doctor had wanted me on a higher dose long ago, but we agreed to keep it at it's lowest because of my stubbornness, but now I will work to stay on the slightly higher dose he suggests.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, I do feel so much better. Speedy as I had no doubt would, was by my side caring for me.