I’m 99% sure my cat licked an essence oil on my counter

Jordan2423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m 99% sure my cat licked an essence oil by garden bliss called night queen.

i heard something drop and quickly ran to him and saw drips of the essence oil on the counter. So i quickly grabbed water on my hand and brushed it against his mouth.

should i be worried????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jordan2423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
Keep an eye out for any odd behavior or vomiting.
No vomiting but i just cleaned his paws and wiped him with a damp towel, i think he may have put his put and touched the essential oil. No vomiting but i did notice some drooling and lots of meowing. He seems fine right now i think he had some oil on his paw which i hopefully got rid of now after washing it in the tub

BluOnyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Essential oils are extremely toxic to cats so please be sure to keep them out of your cat's reach in the future. Most cats will not willfully lick the stuff but if it is on them, they will try to lick it off.

I hope your kitty remains okay. Make sure he is drinking water.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jordan2423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Essential oils are extremely toxic to cats so please be sure to keep them out of your cat's reach in the future. Most cats will not willfully lick the stuff but if it is on them, they will try to lick it off.

I hope your kitty remains okay. Make sure he is drinking water.
Yes we completely removed it and will no longer have it out and yes i did see him drinking water this morning with his wet food as well