Ill Kitty

christine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am very worried about my Figaro. Some of you may remember awhile back he was hiding under the bed, and as we found out later, we had a broken hot water pipe under the slab in our house. Anyway, after the pipe was fixed, he came out and was a happy cat again, he began sitting on top of the refrigerator and the piano and played etc. Well over the last week, he has taken to living in our walk in closet. He comes out only to eat, use his litter box and if we go outside, he wants to also. He also is eating less, and when we go into the closet, he clings and wants to be held. We thought it was possibly a hairball problem, so have been giving him hair ball treatment, have changed his dry food too. I also found a small mass on his right side near his leg/rib area. He has lost weight and you can feel his spine and ribs. I am going to take him to the vet to check over, but any other suggestions/ideas??

Thanks
Christine

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think you are already doing the best for your Figaro by taking him to the VET. Just please do it asap. Let us know how things are going.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's not much you can do for him until he see's a vet. Let us know what you find out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

christine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just to let you know, Vet said Figaro is healthy and well. Just has a bit of elevated white blood cells - so he has some sort of little infection, so gave him an antibiotic shot, and we have to give some orally for a few days, and some topical spray for when he itches. No HIV or leukemia. Said he had dropped 1.5 lbs, which I suspected, he only weighs 8.5 lbs. But he was up and running around this morning, more than he has been. He was even on my dresser rather than in the closet. So that is a relief!!!!!!!! Hopefully he'll start eating better too and put a little weight back on.

Thanks for the kitty prayers!!

Chris & Figaro

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I merged the threads so people can follow along.
I am so glad it's something minor. I am sure he will be up and running very soon. Keep us updated on the progress.