If You're A Writer And You Love Cats - Check This Out

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Well, you love cats, or you wouldn't be here :lovecat3:

If you're also a writer - professional or not - you should really check out the Cat Writers Association conference. It's happening along with the CFA show and it's going to be all about writing and cats.

Cat Writers Association 2018 Conference

Some great CWA members will be there and they all know TCS. If you're thinking of going, let me know. I'll be happy to introduce you to some of the awesome cat folks there so you'll feel right at home.

And you can snap up this free conference pass - worth $159 at Amy Shojai's blog -
CWA Conference Registration Give-Away!

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, how cool, I'd love to go but it's a tad far! Someone must be in that neighbourhood though… :compsurfing:

I lived in Houston for 6 crazy months when I was 17. I went to a Star Trek convention when I was there, it might have been in the same conference centre.

I hope you all have a ball. :party2:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, it's almost in my back yard! Well, it's only abut 15 miles. I just might have to do that.

I should warn everyone who does go that that can be a high crime area. The Greenspoint area, where the host hotel is, is also known as Gunspoint. If you go, try not to be out alone at night. It's not a ghetto but there is quite a bit of crime in the area. I'm glad I don't live in that area.

If anyone is going, shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to suggest some good places to eat and things to do. I'm a native Houstonian who's lived in northwest Harris county for about 45 years, and in Houston overall for 72 years. It's quite a city and there's lots to see and do.