If you want free Covid tests

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if it varies based on location. neely neely and I do live in the same metropolitan area.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if it varies based on location. neely neely and I do live in the same metropolitan area.
I think it must because my sister and I ordered ours on the same day. She lives in a different state and got a different test kit than me.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Wonder if the more popular Abbot Binaxnow is also having kits sent out through the government

Yes. I got the Binaxnow ones. The ones sent to my mother's address arrived on the same day but she got the ones Lari got. Her house is less than 10 miles from me.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the iHealth kind.

I've noticed that there are 3 different shapes in the ones I deliver (and only one shape fits in the small PO boxes, lol), so that probably means there are 3 brands being distributed in this area. So I don't think it's decided by location; probably it's random depending which packer gets your name.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Very Strange. I applied for an received my 2 sets of kits, a long time ago..

In my email box, was a message from USPS stating my Covid test will be arriving this week.... Weird.....

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It's been a month since I ordered mine and still nothing. The government doesn't have enough test kits on hand to send out to everyone who has requested a kit so certain demographics have been prioritized over others. The government is sending out kits as they receive batches from contracted manufacturers.

Click here for transcript

Same here, but I just got an email this morning saying they should arrive tomorrow, and with a tracking number.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Starting next week you can order an additional 2 kits from the same web site: COVIDtests.gov - Free at-home COVID-19 tests

If you've ordered the first two kits already and have received them or are still expecting to receive them but don't expect to actually use them before they expire in a few months (not really a stockpile item because of the short expiration), it might be best to not order 2 more kits. There are lots of people who need test kits and still aren't able to find them in stores or are able to afford them. :2cents:

Other news:

Washington state residents can order 2 free test kits monthly while supplies last WA households can now order 2 free COVID test kits monthly — while supplies last

USPS reports delivering 270 million test kits so far U.S. Postal Service Has Delivered More than 270 Million COVID-19 Test Kits to American Households

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used my first set last week and borrowed another box from my mom so I ordered a second set to replace hers and they came right away.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tests are trickling in at work so I know people are still ordering them.

They're only reporting cases once a week on Wednesdays, so the info I have is nearly a week old, but there were only 3 deaths reported last week so it seems like things are really settling down.