If You Like Horror Movies, What Are Some Of Them?

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like the old monster movies. Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Mummy...

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like them as long as they aren't slasher movies. I liked Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist, the Shining and The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I like them as long as they aren't slasher movies. I liked Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist, the Shining and The Exorcism of Emily Rose.
Those were all good.
I like the old monster movies. Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Mummy...
Good ones, but I don't think I've ever seen Creature from the Black Lagoon. I plan on getting some from the library
for Halloween. I know 2 will be The Grudge and The Ring. The scenes in The Shining when Danny sees the twins and
the bathroom scene are imo, two of the scariest scenes ever in horror movies.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I watched Paranormal Activity yesterday early in the morning and it still creeped me out. I think, not sure, it's PAII where someone is watching videos of Katie and Kristi when they were young; they are looking from inside the video at the person who is watching it.
Gives me chills.

Has anyone watched anything scary lately?

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you seen VHS? My nephew told me not to watch it because it would creep me out too much.

How about the Masters of Horror series? There is one entitled Cigarette Burns that is sooo scary.

How about Case 39? That little girl was sooo creepy.
I have not seen VHS, but I have seen some of the Masters of Horror and Case 39. Is it wrong that I was rooting for the little girl? :lol: I'll have to check out VHS next.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've seen VHS. I have seen some of the Masters of Horror shows. The last one I saw had a horny Jason Priestly in it. I can't remember the name of it. Screw fly maybe? Case 39 is pretty good. I have it on DVD.
Wow! I just realized that I replied twice to your question/post. My old age is showing!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. I like Tales From The Crypt and The Twilight Zone. Classic shows without gore.
I loved Tales from the Crypt. Maybe I can get it from the library.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I have not seen VHS, but I have seen some of the Masters of Horror and Case 39. Is it wrong that I was rooting for the little girl? :lol: I'll have to check out VHS next.
Ha!!! She was creepy!! I think the part of the film that creeped me out the most, and now
if I watch it I have to close my eyes, is when the wasps are on the back of Bradley Cooper's
shirt. Wonder if he had a stand-in?

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ha!!! She was creepy!! I think the part of the film that creeped me out the most, and now
if I watch it I have to close my eyes, is when the wasps are on the back of Bradley Cooper's
shirt. Wonder if he had a stand-in?
I have had a lifelong fear of wasps and any kind of stinging, flying insect--which make summer time in Texas loads of fun! I am hoping that the wasps were CGI. I can't imagine anyone agreeing to do that for any amount of money.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
What does CGI mean?
Computer-generated imagery. Basically special effects, anytime they use a computer to make something rather than a physical effect like makeup or puppets.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I like good stories and sometimes really enjoy scary ones, but I am also easily frightened. I have no issue with gore but I hate jump scares. Makes finding movies around Halloween tricky lol.

I watched Audition, and it scared me silly. Really good one.

Also It Follows is fantastic - really creative, and they build up amazing tension and suspense without doing so many jumps (there are always one or two though).

Cabin in the Woods, while not super scary, is a great take on the horror genre and is very clever and fantastic. Keeps you guessing, smartly written, and lots of throwbacks to older horror movies.

A more recent one I watched was Brightburn, a take on the Superman mythos if Superman didn’t inherently stand for truth, justice and the American Way. Good solid movie but there are some bits with very excessive gore.

I actually walked out of “The Field Guide to Evil” because it was too scary! I had just moved to Colorado and my bf loves horror so we went to go see it. I was pretty tense with moving out of state, and it was too much. I ended up at the bar! This was actually a handful of small stories made by different directors about various monster myths from different countries. I watched the first one, which I will say was absolutely amazing and also terrifying. I left after that, but I’m glad I saw it. It was produced by the same people that made the two ABCs of Death movies (which are also cool compilations of 26 different directors making really short movies about death based on a letter of the alphabet).

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything by Stephen King. Not his son, just him but of his I like The Stand, The Green Mile and Rose Red the most

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like horror movies, but there are some thrillers that I have enjoyed that are horror-esque or low-level horror. The Invisible Man, Happy Death Day, Bird Box, and Get Out.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like horror movies, but there are some thrillers that I have enjoyed that are horror-esque or low-level horror. The Invisible Man, Happy Death Day, Bird Box, and Get Out.
I've never heard of the last 3 but I'll google them.