If You Like Horror Movies, What Are Some Of Them?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I love horror movies. I don't like anything with torture or too much graphic violence.

I love Paranormal Activity I and II and The Blair Witch Project.

BWP introduced the "lost footage" genre.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Rosemary's Baby, The Shining, and Psycho are all amazing. I still think of the shower seen occasionally when I'm in the shower. :eek2:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't dabble in that stuff. I made a serious mistake years ago by seeing Amityville Horror. I am done forever seeing horror movies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not into blood and gore, more suspense thrillers with some blood. One of my favorites is Bad Samaritan. However, I believe Alien is classified as horror and it was great.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like horror movies either, but I do like Sean of the Dead. Despite blood, gore, and zombies, Simon Pegg can still make me laugh.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I saw one on tv recently entitled Ouija. It was one of the free ones I get. I didn't think it would be that scary but wowza, it was!! It was very clever and had me guessing.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not into blood and gore, more suspense thrillers with some blood. One of my favorites is Bad Samaritan. However, I believe Alien is classified as horror and it was great.
Alien was amazing but I felt it was more of the science fiction genre. Maybe horror/ scfi.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love horror movies, and in fact just finished watching The Nun a few minutes ago. I have probably seen just about every horror movie ever made. About 90% of my DVD/Blu-Ray collection and my Netflix queue consists of horror or suspense movies.

I do find the "found footage" movies like the Blair Witch and all of its copycats to be somewhat annoying though. Also, I don't like horror movies that excessively rely on characters talking over computers and cell phones to tell the story.

I would say that Poltergeist is one of my favorite horror movies. It is not nearly as scary as some other movies I have seen, but it brings back memories. I first saw it when I was about 8 years old. I think that horror movies involving children are the most entertaining. Children are just inherently creepy.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I love horror movies, and in fact just finished watching The Nun a few minutes ago. I have probably seen just about every horror movie ever made. About 90% of my DVD/Blu-Ray collection and my Netflix queue consists of horror or suspense movies.

I do find the "found footage" movies like the Blair Witch and all of its copycats to be somewhat annoying though. Also, I don't like horror movies that excessively rely on characters talking over computers and cell phones to tell the story.

I would say that Poltergeist is one of my favorite horror movies. It is not nearly as scary as some other movies I have seen, but it brings back memories. I first saw it when I was about 8 years old. I think that horror movies involving children are the most entertaining. Children are just inherently creepy.
Have you seen VHS? My nephew told me not to watch it because it would creep me out too much.

How about the Masters of Horror series? There is one entitled Cigarette Burns that is sooo scary.

How about Case 39? That little girl was sooo creepy.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The Exorcist :devilish::lol:
Still one of the scariest of all time. I waited in line in freezing cold weather to see it on the first night it was shown. Huge screen, I was with my boyfriend and another couple, and I wanted to leave or just sit in the lobby because I was so freaked out. Then I started really enjoying it and we saw it again the following week.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I like horror movies, it's my favourite genre.
The movies that scared me the most were "Evil Dead" and "Pet Sematary".
Both good ones. Did you know Pet Cemetery is being remade? :help:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone seen Lights Out?