If You Had Unlimited Funds....

Ali E.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’d like some serious advice, but I do not want to be bashed for asking these questions, please. First off, I love cats. Unfortunately, my husband does not want cats inside our house, because of fur, etc. We are planning on building a large home on some property (approx 300 acres) about 15 minutes outside of town. I would love to come up with a way to have a couple of cats, but only if they can be kept safe. I have had cats in the past and I am a responsible pet owner, in that I take them to regular vet visits, give them the best food/supplies and of course, attention.
If you had unlimited funds, how would you accomplish a place for cats? I’ve thought about a sunroom off the house, (with air conditioning as we get very hot summers) I’ve thought about the cat doors that have open/close with microchip, I’ve thought about barn cats, etc. This would need to be aesthetically pleasing, so no chicken wire set ups.
Outside of divorcing my husband, is there a way to accomplish this?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A nice sunroom/conservatory (well, a place that can be insulated for winter too) with an outdoor enclosure would be terrific. Any cat would be lucky to live there, provided you spend enough time out there with them. I'm sure it can be made to look attractive, talk to some contractors about that.

I wouldn't suggest tame cats be kept as barn cats, they rarely last long :(.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A nice sunroom/conservatory (well, a place that can be insulated for winter too) with an outdoor enclosure would be terrific.

:yeah: There are lots of ideas online. Here are some:

You can have someone build a regular basic sunroom that blends in with the rest of the home and then just modify the interior for a cat with shelves, ramps, cat trees, etc. I think you would need an HVAC person to add in temperature controls to the room.

Another option would be more of a screened catio like these: Catio's, Cat Highways, and Cat Shelves........ Oh My! - Friendship Hospital for Animals They're definitely not great if you have really cold winters and the cats aren't allowed inside the home. You could attach such a screened catio to a fully enclosed cat-ified temperature controlled sunroom and the cats could go in and out as they please via a door.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Umm I would live in my own house next to my husband then?? Lol. I don't think most cats would appreciate having to be confined in one area away from their owners. My cats would be heartbroken if I started doing that. They love to be involved and being in close contact whenever they wish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ali E.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ooh, now that I'm thinking of it, if I had unlimited funds I'd put in a full garden, with a fish pond and everything. Like this one:
View attachment 330696
View attachment 330697

Here's the link to that site: Cat Runs - Outdoor Cat Run Pictures
yaasss! Love it. I used to have a cat at an old house, with a big courtyard that had a swimming pool. The house surrounded the courtyard. The cat loved it in there! She even would walk in the water, on her own terms, on the tanning shelf. 🐟

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is it possible to build a regular house/cabin? If some day you wan to enjoy some fresh air, you can move in there and let your cats be townies:)
With unlimited funds, I will build this for my cat:p: Biosphere 2 - Wikipedia

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats dream house is a basket ball court filled with ping pong balls! I am in an apartment with carpet. So a big house with wood floors