If you grew up in a family without much money....

Falena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you ahve any pics of the sofa?
I may have a few. This was before digital cameras though so they'd be in an album somewhere. My Mother definitely does though!
It was ugly as anything to today's standards and my current preferences for furniture (a deep redish brown colour with little tiny white polka dot like pattern all over it so it always looked like it was covered in dust or lint from a distance 🤣)

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New clothes and shoes
New bags, school supplies etc
New sports gear. For example, I remember when I went to tennis camp, I was the only one using a wooden racket from the 70's when everyone else had modern ones.

Amazing the psychology that follows into adulthood too :lol: Any case, it was a nice childhood so can't complain.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How could I have forgotten one of the most important things that others took for granted- indoor plumbing? Our farmhouse had none, save a cistern pump in the kitchen. Bathing was in a number 2 washtub set in a corner of the kitchen near the woodstove, and there was an outhouse about 50 yards away for other needs. Try that on a cold, snowy night in January. We did.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I went to kroger,put my groceries in my trunk,got pizza,sat in the wrong car. Door was unlocked! I do that wayyy too much. Hope I didn't leave anything

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I went to kroger,put my groceries in my trunk,got pizza,sat in the wrong car. Door was unlocked! I do that wayyy too much. Hope I didn't leave anything
Oh my! I have an unusual color car - dark plum, just so that I can find it in the parking lot and not do what you did.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a white Corolla so it is a common car. A couple of times I have went to the wrong car but my key fob wouldn't work. My first thought is that the battery in the fob went dead but then I look in the car and realize it isn't mine.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a white Corolla so it is a common car. A couple of times I have went to the wrong car but my key fob wouldn't work. My first thought is that the battery in the fob went dead but then I look in the car and realize it isn't mine.
That's what I need

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I certainly did grow up in a family with not much money. It was wonderful when I got to have my own bottle of Pepsi instead of having to share it with two sisters.