if you all could spare some vibes this way

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tomm I go in for a biopsy on my thyroid.I am a nervous wreck!!!! I was told, I have to lay still with my head tilted back for about 15 min or longer.That I can not swallow or cough while they are doing it.They do NOT numb the area, I will be awake,and forced to lay perfectly still.They will be doing an ultrasound while doing the biopsy.I'm scared of the needle going into my throat,and not moving.
I'm scared of the results.Don't know when I will get them back.But, I do have a Drs appt on Monday.I HOPE he has them then.
I also go in for a mamogram on the 17th of this month.
If you could send some "don't freak out---good news" vibes this way, I would really appreciate it!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure.I am going to ask that tomm.
I would love for my hubby to be in the room with me also.But, I don't know if that is allowed either.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They let me in the room for Gary's imaging, so I'm sure if you ask, they'll let him hold your hand or foot or something.

I don't know what time you're heading in - but if you're terribly nervous, you may want to call the Doc that ordered the test to see if they can call in a scrip for 1 valium or something to your pharmacy. You'd want to take it an hour or two before the procedure.

for calm, for strength, and for good news!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to go in at 7:30am. I will def ask if he can be in there with me.
thanks everyone <3

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sending you lots of vibes!

I second LDG's idea of a valium to help you relax!

Most of the population (75-80%) has or will have a thyroid nodule, and more than 99% of these nodules are benign. For the less than 1% who have thyroid cancer, 95% of those people can be completely cured.

I hope this helps (and doesn't cause you more stress)!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huge that it goes as well as can be, and that they give you something to help you relax

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My nephew had the same biopsy done. He had to have it removed, but he just must take a pill the rest of his life.

So take it one step at a time, don't borrow trouble.

Please keep us posted!!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NO local anesthetic? I wonder why not? I've had thyroid biopsies (I have a goiter that drives doctors crazy) and I always get a local anesthetic.

I was lucky last time as the nurse was a cat lady too, and by the time the doc came in I was very relaxed after sharing so many cat stories!

Well good luck, and it will be over in no time!