If Anyone Here Has Been Here A Long-ish Time...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
My Cable got very ill back last winter. She dropped over 1/2 her body weight & wasn't eating, so I chose to euthanize her. I took her to the shelter, & brought home a new furbaby, I/O (she's the cat on the left in my avatar) so that Ping wouldn't be alone. Cable was a sweet girl, and I miss her very much - I/O is not much of a snuggler like Cable was.
Here's a pic of my newest angel kitty!

Attachments

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
XOXOXO I simply want to know if you're the technologist / programmer in the house. Good names! XOXO

RIP Cable. XOXOXO

Your kitties look so sweet! :-) and happy!!!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes, when the hole in our hearts is too big to manage, the distraction and welcome work a new little one brings is just what is needed to start the healing process. I'm so glad you gave little I/O a forever home, Ping is glad to have a new little sister and your heart is glad for filling it once more with love.
Cable will always be a part of your soul, the bond you have with that sweet little girl can never be broken. She will always be as near as your thoughts and prayers and only wants happiness and joy in your life, just as you would want for her if you were the first to go. Because that is what love is.... Send her thoughts of happiness and love, she yearns for them to know she didn't bring such sadness to your life for overlong and it will give her peace. The love she left in your care needs more love to grow and bloom, to let her live on through you and continue that love for eternity. The darkness of grief will shadow that love and prevent it from reaching its potential. Like a mother with several children, there is always room for love in a loving heart, each one unique and irreplaceable.
My heart goes out to you, you all have my thoughts and prayers. I'm so happy you are going forward into life, finding the love and happiness that is meant to be, Cable will always be a part of that life because she will always be a part of you....RIP dear Cable, you will never be forgotten, you will forever be a part of a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all of you for your lovely replies. FeralHearts - I'm actually a Special ed teacher, but I read a much loved book (The Cat Who Walked Through Walls) where the cat was name Pixel, & loved the name. Pixel came with her sister, who ended up being named Mouse, and my computer cat naming theme began. Since those 1st two, I've had Cable, Chip, Firefox, Java, Ping and I/O.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
So very sorry for your loss of Cable. Know she's watching over you from afar. But never far as she's forever in your heart. We often feel all different emotions when one passes away. Just know you did the very best you could with what you had. And that's all any of us can do.

Run free at the Bridge Cable. :rbheart: