Identity cat food

LTS3

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Came across this:

LID food with a few different novel proteins. No gums, potatoes, legumes, grains. Looks pretty decent if you overlook the carrots and kale.

You can buy directly from the web site. A case of 24 cans is $77.99 to $79.99, depending on variety and the can size available.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Came across this:

[/URL]

LID food with a few different novel proteins. No gums, potatoes, legumes, grains. Looks pretty decent if you overlook the carrots and kale.

You can buy directly from the web site. A case of 24 cans is $77.99 to $79.99, depending on variety and the can size available.
Agar agar is a gum. It’s a potentially irritating one too. Up there with carrageenan. Not all cats are sensitive to it. But those that are, like my Krista 🌈, it hunched her over in pain every time. 😿 But if it works for your cat(s), you can do a whole lot worse than this.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agar agar is a gum. It’s a potentially irritating one too. Up there with carrageenan. Not all cats are sensitive to it. But those that are, like my Krista 🌈, it hunched her over in pain every time. 😿 But if it works for your cat(s), you can do a whole lot worse than this.
Yes, agar-agar has been one of the worst here, too. Both our cats -- even the one who doesn't usually have stomach issues -- had trouble with it, barfing. I generally avoid all gums, other than a very, very occasional variety meal but agar-agar is permanently banned since it caused problems so quickly. But, like you say, if it works, you could do a whole lot worse. It is rather expensive, though.

Astragal14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our veterinary nutritionist recommended this for our cat with IBD. It's from the same people who made Wild Calling before that brand was sold in bankruptcy a few years ago. We've been trying their variety pack and one of my cats really likes it so far. Even my extremely picky cat will have a little!

I really like their options of novel proteins, like bison and quail. Even the less novel proteins, like lamb, pork, rabbit, beef and duck, are more palatable than similarly healthy brands, so mealtimes are less of a struggle.

I don't like that coconut oil is so high in the ingredient list, and some of them also have phosphates too high in the ingredient list for me.

I think I'm going to order another variety pack and keep it in our rotation 1-2 times a week. We've had such a tough time with pandemic related shortages and ingredient changes that it's just nice to have a food he'll reliably eat. I worry when we rely too heavily on just one brand (as great as Rawz is!).

Funnily enough, my cat likes the Turkey & Quail flavor but dislikes the Turkey only and the Quail only flavors 🤷‍♀️😄