Identity cat food

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Came across this:

LID food with a few different novel proteins. No gums, potatoes, legumes, grains. Looks pretty decent if you overlook the carrots and kale.

You can buy directly from the web site. A case of 24 cans is $77.99 to $79.99, depending on variety and the can size available.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Came across this:

[/URL]

LID food with a few different novel proteins. No gums, potatoes, legumes, grains. Looks pretty decent if you overlook the carrots and kale.

You can buy directly from the web site. A case of 24 cans is $77.99 to $79.99, depending on variety and the can size available.
Agar agar is a gum. It’s a potentially irritating one too. Up there with carrageenan. Not all cats are sensitive to it. But those that are, like my Krista 🌈, it hunched her over in pain every time. 😿 But if it works for your cat(s), you can do a whole lot worse than this.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agar agar is a gum. It’s a potentially irritating one too. Up there with carrageenan. Not all cats are sensitive to it. But those that are, like my Krista 🌈, it hunched her over in pain every time. 😿 But if it works for your cat(s), you can do a whole lot worse than this.
Yes, agar-agar has been one of the worst here, too. Both our cats -- even the one who doesn't usually have stomach issues -- had trouble with it, barfing. I generally avoid all gums, other than a very, very occasional variety meal but agar-agar is permanently banned since it caused problems so quickly. But, like you say, if it works, you could do a whole lot worse. It is rather expensive, though.

Astragal14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our veterinary nutritionist recommended this for our cat with IBD. It's from the same people who made Wild Calling before that brand was sold in bankruptcy a few years ago. We've been trying their variety pack and one of my cats really likes it so far. Even my extremely picky cat will have a little!

I really like their options of novel proteins, like bison and quail. Even the less novel proteins, like lamb, pork, rabbit, beef and duck, are more palatable than similarly healthy brands, so mealtimes are less of a struggle.

I don't like that coconut oil is so high in the ingredient list, and some of them also have phosphates too high in the ingredient list for me.

I think I'm going to order another variety pack and keep it in our rotation 1-2 times a week. We've had such a tough time with pandemic related shortages and ingredient changes that it's just nice to have a food he'll reliably eat. I worry when we rely too heavily on just one brand (as great as Rawz is!).

Funnily enough, my cat likes the Turkey & Quail flavor but dislikes the Turkey only and the Quail only flavors 🤷‍♀️😄

lucyoliverted

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats love the Turkey, no issues with the Agar, getting tired of researching to find the perfect food, this one seems to be the best so far for BPA also

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ordered the Variety Pack with high hopes of getting some more variety into Sylvie's diet, which currently consists solely of Tiny Tiger beef pate. I started with first the pork and then the beef. She ate both of them (though not with great zeal) but barfed them up shortly afterward. I'm guessing that agar-agar has become a problem for her, since I don't see any other potentially problematic ingredients here. I ended up giving the rest of the pack to my cat sitter for her cats to enjoy.

The search continues....

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered the Variety Pack with high hopes of getting some more variety into Sylvie's diet, which currently consists solely of Tiny Tiger beef pate. I started with first the pork and then the beef. She ate both of them (though not with great zeal) but barfed them up shortly afterward. I'm guessing that agar-agar has become a problem for her, since I don't see any other potentially problematic ingredients here. I ended up giving the rest of the pack to my cat sitter for her cats to enjoy.

The search continues....
Yes, agar-agar can be a bad one. I hope the cat sitter's cats do okay with it!

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She cares for so many cats that some are sure to be okay with it! I was disappointed because it’s an otherwise high-quality food and offers so many protein options for cats who can’t tolerate chicken.

I’m hoping that maybe I can interest Sylvie in Rawz duck again when the weather gets cooler.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Mouser? Betty, who mostly enjoys junky Hills I/D chicken vegetable stew, will take a few bites of Mouser. That's huge for her. I've been trying to get her off I/D for over a year now. She loved Rawz rabbit. But only the batch that I had leftover from Krista. Snubbed new batches.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, I haven’t tried Mouser yet.

Rawz rabbit was a mainstay for a long time—maybe too long. Sylvie might have begun developing an intolerance to rabbit as well; I seem to recall some barfing episodes. She also lost enthusiasm for the Rawz, so I decided to just drop it from her diet at least temporarily.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I haven’t tried Mouser yet.

Rawz rabbit was a mainstay for a long time—maybe too long. Sylvie might have begun developing an intolerance to rabbit as well; I seem to recall some barfing episodes. She also lost enthusiasm for the Rawz, so I decided to just drop it from her diet at least temporarily.
Rawz seems to be an on-and-off thing for a lot of cats, including our two! Mouser is even more on-and-off for them: they loved it at first but lately they'll barely touch it. It's almost time to try again. It's very good food so I'd love to get them eating it again.