Ideas to disgise fluoxetine?

saharahoshi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our vet prescribed pur cat 2mg of Fluoxetine but using Renconcile aka the dog version bc she said it was less better, shes also a behaviorist so she would know i guess?

We were splitting it up into tiny pieces and putting it in Inaba Chuero treats

Our 10 year old female spayed DSH was doing so good with it until the past 2 days she stopped touching it. We've tried multiple dlavors, grinding the medication into powder.

She hates pill pockets, liquid meds and is near impossible to pill directly which our vet doesn't want us to do.

Does anyone have any other clever ways to disguise this thing?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. In addition to Inaba Churu, I have also used Applaws puree, Vitakraft lickables, Tiki Cat Stix, and Wholehearted squeezable treats. Another one to try is Tiki Cat Mousse. And, beyond those, try baby foods meats (Gerber Stage 2 or Beechnut). And, then last but not least, try canned tuna or chicken in water. I would mix Feeby's meds with the 'juice' from these cans, and then give her a piece of the tuna or chicken as a treat afterward. I smash the meds into a powder and add just enough of one of the above to know she gets all of her meds.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Does she like FortiFlora? If so, maybe you could roll the pill filled Inabo Chuero treats in ForteFlora. I did that with one of ours, and would give him one non pill treat, then the pill filled ones, then let him lick some plain FortiFlora to finish him off.

After he got tired of that, than I crushed them and the powder in Fancy Feast broths, which went down pretty well. Got us through 28 days of meds.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We used to hide small pill pieces in a bit of rolled up deli ham (turkey, or other meat not prepared with garlic or onions) or pushed into a small lump of cream cheese. Both were highly valued by an older cat we had. He never turned it down.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise