Ideas for treat jars?

motylek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone,
I wasn't sure where to post this, hopefully here :)

So I am trying to organize my kitchen and anyways.. I have lots of cat treats and I store them in glass containers, I cannot have anything that is in a package because my cat will bite through it all. So I decided to make it cute and get decals for it, since most canisters are pretty pricey and not many for cats.
So I searched the internet and its all meow or cat treats... I need some ideas :)

I found one that I like it says "this is totally catnip" I don't have a jar for it but I will get one just because I like the saying.
so far I have "meow" and "purr" ..
ugh I dont know, I want something funny, something that doesn't just say cat treats.... any ideas?

thank you:)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I used a $3 snack jar that I got at Ross. You don't have to buy a per specific container, anything air tight works. I like mine because it's one where it has a button on top that I press to release the seal. Which makes a unique sound compared to my other containers so the cats know when I am getting into theirs compared to anything else in the house.

But to your actual question. I like funny ones:

Come to the dark side, we have treats.
Cookies for Wookies
I find your lack of treats disturbing (with Darth Vader)
Ain't to proud to beg.
Paws off! (Names) treats!
You had me at MEOW
For cats on the nice list (bonus you can cross out nice and write naughty in a different font or writing style)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

motylek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used a $3 snack jar that I got at Ross. You don't have to buy a per specific container, anything air tight works. I like mine because it's one where it has a button on top that I press to release the seal. Which makes a unique sound compared to my other containers so the cats know when I am getting into theirs compared to anything else in the house.

But to your actual question. I like funny ones:

Come to the dark side, we have treats.
Cookies for Wookies
I find your lack of treats disturbing (with Darth Vader)
Ain't to proud to beg.
Paws off! (Names) treats!
You had me at MEOW
For cats on the nice list (bonus you can cross out nice and write naughty in a different font or writing style)
oo i love Ross but we don’t have one here.. i actually use mason jars but i am planning on changing to different jars that i already have at home.

haha those are good :) thank you :) ❤

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would start with your local thrift store. Most usually have a variety of clear jars or mason jars. You might also be able to find something the dollar store or even a food jar, like a large sauerkraut jar from the grocery store would work as well.

motylek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would start with your local thrift store. Most usually have a variety of clear jars or mason jars. You might also be able to find something the dollar store or even a food jar, like a large sauerkraut jar from the grocery store would work as well.
i have the jars, i just want to put decals on it, to make it cute since they are on a display.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Post It notes work great and you can easily change it if you want a new saying :) You can put the note either on the outside of the jar or inside. Post It makes full adhesive sticky notes that would work as an outside label (and, if you like, cut it to any shape you want) and tough Extreme Ones which would likely work inside the jar but you'd have to write the saying on the sticky side so it will show when you stick the note to the inside of the jar.

Adhesive chalk labels are popular. I'm not sure if they are removable, though, or how well they hold up to washing.

I'm no good at coming up with fun sayings :sigh:

motylek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Post It notes work great and you can easily change it if you want a new saying :) You can put the note either on the outside of the jar or inside. Post It makes full adhesive sticky notes that would work as an outside label (and, if you like, cut it to any shape you want) and tough Extreme Ones which would likely work inside the jar but you'd have to write the saying on the sticky side so it will show when you stick the note to the inside of the jar.

Adhesive chalk labels are popular. I'm not sure if they are removable, though, or how well they hold up to washing.

I'm no good at coming up with fun sayings :sigh:
thanks :) gotta look into it. i did the chalk labels and wanted to take it off and yeah it didn’t come out 😂

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What if you labelled the treats according to why kitty "deserves" it or why it's used?
The death stare treat....I fear for my life!
The "kitty actually listened" treat.
The "too cute I can't resist" treat.
The "human finally caved" treat.
The paw-sitive reinforcement treat.
The deceptive one...(pill pockets if you have them)
The "I'm sorry" treat.

If you like the idea, I can try to think of more, or just base them on your cats personality.

motylek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What if you labelled the treats according to why kitty "deserves" it or why it's used?
The death stare treat....I fear for my life!
The "kitty actually listened" treat.
The "too cute I can't resist" treat.
The "human finally caved" treat.
The paw-sitive reinforcement treat.
The deceptive one...(pill pockets if you have them)
The "I'm sorry" treat.

If you like the idea, I can try to think of more, or just base them on your cats personality.
oo i didn’t think of that and it’s a pretty good idea :D love the ones you came up with :)