Ideas For Our Photo Contests?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm putting together our content plan for the coming months and could use some help with new themes for our photo contests. Can you help me out?

The themes need to be inclusive, so for example cat coat color wouldn't make a good theme. Something that you can shoot a photo of pretty much any cat if you have your camera/phone ready at the right moment.

Kristy Blankenship

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm putting together our content plan for the coming months and could use some help with new themes for our photo contests. Can you help me out?

The themes need to be inclusive, so for example cat coat color wouldn't make a good theme. Something that you can shoot a photo of pretty much any cat if you have your camera/phone ready at the right moment.

Kristy Blankenship

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
PicsArt_04-28-09.44.33.png
With so many photo editing apps available now you don't really have to be where our have items in your possession of the theme you choose.... With that and it being close to Memorial Day why not do a patriotic theme or since summer is almost here to a kitty beach party vacation theme? Just some ideas, have a blessed day

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Cute ideas! I'm sure you've done some of these (if not all of these) already, but how about:
cats in unusual places
cats in high places
cats in too-small places
cats with giant pupils (like Puss in Boots) - this may be hard due to needing a flash when it's dark

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats and water (not necessarily dunking cats who don't like it) but it could be cats by a stream or pond or fishbowl admiring the fishies. Staring at the rain from the window. after the bath, perched on the edge of your bath, sleeping in the sink, etc...

Cats up high for all our climbing kitties and some strange perspective photos.

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't know if it's been done before but cats getting exercise! Being overweight is a very important problem with many house cats. So any picture of a cat being up and active rather than lounging around would be good!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats with other animals (fish tank, bird watching, squirrel watching, magazine with animals on it, preferable not cat with cat).

Cats mouth/teeth (yawning, visible fangs, etc.)

Cats in awkward positions (non harmful of course, and I know someone said it but it's a good one).

Derpy cats/class clowns (kinda fits in awkward but those weird looks, movements, positions that just make you laugh).

Cats with their humans (studio shots, playing with kids, napping on laps, sitting on shoulders, etc)

Cats eyes (eyes open shots where the eyes are the focus, those ones where the cat just draws you in with a look).

Cats with their cat trees or scratching posts (on or actively using not background).

Computer/TV watching or interfearing cats.

Cats eating or getting treats.

I like the cat with water and high places ones too. I don't know if the large pupil one would work. I can only think of one or two I have like that and I take a ton of photos.

Last edited:

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wide Awake Belly Up
Santa Paws
Mid Air
You're not supposed to be "there"
Selfie Time
Bat That (paw smack)
OMG!
Spoiled Rotten
Why you get away with "OMG!"
Strange Way/Place to sleep
Halloween Theme
Lap Cat
Stalker

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Surely I cannot be the only one with several "push purr" photos, with cats and kittens kneading fleece blankies and the like.

Despite having thousand (literally) of pictures I don't have many of those. Link and Rocket just don't knead much. Fury does but I can't think of any photos off the top of my head. Granted, he has probably a tenth of the photos the other two have. Black cats are just hard to photograph well.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Despite having thousand (literally) of pictures I don't have many of those. Link and Rocket just don't knead much. ...
Well, closeup photos of kitty paws and legs, then. That would be another idea I'd offer up.

... Black cats are just hard to photograph well.
I was intending to send along this link for you
Some tips on taking pictures of black cats

but I am noticing (att'n- Anne Anne ) that all the photos are missing, and @rickr's post is partially full of errant code... oh no!
:updown:

edit: it's likely the Gallery is being worked on again, so I'm sure the photos will come back! It's a good link.
:blackcat:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, closeup photos of kitty paws and legs, then. That would be another idea I'd offer up.

I was intending to send along this link for you
Some tips on taking pictures of black cats

but I am noticing (att'n- Anne Anne ) that all the photos are missing, and @rickr's post is partially full of errant code... oh no!
:updown:

edit: it's likely the Gallery is being worked on again, so I'm sure the photos will come back! It's a good link.
:blackcat:
It would give me a reason to focus on getting some kneading photos. Fury would probably love the attention to get the photos. Lol.

Thank you for the link!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hijack:
I shouldn't have mentioned RickR! Now there's some competition for photos, always good ones from that member.