Ideas for a birthday gift for my 90 years old nana

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We're going to her place tomorrow evening to celebrate her 90th birthday and I just don't have a clue as to what to get her... What do you get a 90 years old lady? She's still lucid but her eyesight and hearing are not what they used to be. She doesn't go out much anymore either. She has a live-in maid that looks after her and my grandad (he's 94).

Any ideas?

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne - what about some music or, if she has problems seeing, a tape/CD with a spoken story on it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I thought about a recorded story but I don't think she knows how to operate a cd or a tape... I thought about a nice ornament for the house as well. Thanks for the ideas!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anne, maybe you could put together a mini-scrap book of you, hubby and ron? Or frame a pic of the three of you? I usually find pictures make a wonderful gift.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a thought...

I've gotten the best response from giving older relatives the gift of time & affection.

You might want to try writing a letter or making a tape talking about the influence she's had on your life and what she means to you. Maybe even enlist your family for their thoughts, too. Perhaps make up a scrapbook as previously suggested and add your thoughts and feelings to it. Or a picture of you & your family framed with your letter to her?

If you can, it's a great idea to spend some time asking her about her life and recording what she tells you for posterity, too.

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gift cards for resteraunts, they can go out a bit and have a good time. No wrapper to throw away and no searching for a place to put it.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about a real aromatic flower bouquet. If she cant see them well she can still smell that they are there.

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was going to suggest a large bouquet of flowers, but I see someone beat me to it. When there is someone who has everything, I buy them flowers. I have never met a woman who didn't love getting flowers.

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is it possible to treat your nana to a pedicure? My cousin took my 84 year old granny for one before she died... she ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT... kept showing off her toes (=

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think a pedicure is a great idea!!

Or how about a home made treat. Like a pie or something else she really likes. Maybe a piece or jewelery. My grandmom collects angel stuff so she is really really easy to shop for!