I’d Say Hi If I Weren’t A Scaredy Cat

ComeBackKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1345DF1A-8D2F-4306-A9E9-48D8AC32FEED.jpeg
A85F86A2-260B-479A-A867-03803B003164.jpeg
Hi. I’m Scaredy Cat and just moved in with Jane. You guys were great at helping her get a kennel set up for me. She is my caretaker since my former Mom got sick and can’t keep me any more. I am a 17 year old grey tabby man. I have lived all my life in the garage behind the house so I’m not too sociable. I’m working on it but I still bite and swat at Jane.

Things are different. There is a dog, Henri, who stares at me all the time and I’m still afraid go go up on the shelves in my kennel. But sometimes I do head scratches or purr. Just enough to keep the food coming. Lol.

Thank you for helping Jane set up a good place for all of us.

SC

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Scaredy Cat. Your in a good place now so no need to be afraid. Take your time and settle into your new home and be nice to Jane.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, Scaredy Cat, and to your new mom, Jane. :wave2:

They say you "can't teach old dogs new tricks", which may or may not be true. However, there's nothing to say than an older cat can't learn new things, so don't despair, dear grey tabby man, all is going to be fine. :catlove::heartshape:

I see your new mom, Jane, has a couple other threads about you, which I am going to check out now.
Feral Friendly Kennel/home
Is This A Trick?

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3290.GIF
Jane, Scaredy Cat and Henri, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3369.GIF
to you all.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Scaredy Cat, don't be afraid, mommy Jane will take good care of you.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Scaredy Cat, don't be afraid. You are in a safe home, with a very loving human. Ignore Henri. He is just curious of you and actually may want to be your best buddy. Give him a chance, too. Life is more happier with good and loving friends around. :)

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Scaredy Cat, I know you have been through alot and are very frightened, but be positive because Jane has your best interests at heart!
Perhaps Jane could put some of your very favorite treats on the next shelf of your enclosure? You may feel more brave at nighttime to venture up there for a snack. It's ok if it takes awhile. Baby steps will get you there.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's no need to be afraid now, Scaredy Cat, you're in safe and loving hands. Hang in there and everything will be okay. :vibes: