IBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherry333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been treating my cat Julius for IBD. He recently had chronic diarrhea. I took him to the vet and they kept him overnight because he was dehydrated. Every since he came home he doesn’t want to eat or drink and he goes to the litter often to try to defecate but can’t. He only strains. I am worried this is the end for us. I just lost Emmitt in June. I am not ready to loose Julius already 😢 I don’t know what to do to help him .

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get him to dvm, he could be blocked etc. so sorry, hugs. Have you tried pumpkin and food treats he really likes?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Back to the vet tomorrow. This is a "we can't wait" sort of thing. And let us know how he is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sherry333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Get him to dvm, he could be blocked etc. so sorry, hugs. Have you tried pumpkin and food treats he really likes?
My vet said no more treats because of the IBD. I have not tried pumpkin. He is defecating outside the litter pan very little and it’s runny. Calling the vet this morning. 😢

My vet said no more treats because of the IBD. I have not tried pumpkin. He is defecating outside the litter pan very little and it’s runny. Calling the vet this morning. 😢
Back to the vet tomorrow. This is a "we can't wait" sort of thing. And let us know how he is.
Ok 😿

ok I will 😿

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang in there ❤ if he is not eating I would just try anything he will eat. Best thing for ibd is a home made cooked diet with supplements, no carbs etc.supplements can be added in. I use know what you feed websites supplements. It can be done with raw meat as well.

Know What You Feed - A Guide To A Balanced Homemade Cat Food

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Treats are ok for IBD cats, IMO. Just not junky ones like Temptations or most any big name brand sold everywhere. Freeze dried meat treats such as PureBites are fine in moderation. Chicken can be a cause of IBD symptoms so avoid that.

Here are two good web sites about IBD if you haven't already seen them:

Is your cat on any medication for the IBD? What are you feeding? Do you feel the vet has a handle on your cat's health issue or is the vet dismissive and throwing out band aid treatments?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry to read this. Julius is a beautiful and clearly well loved cat. Losing both boys so close together is doubly hard and I hope that you can take comfort in the happy memories of the good life that you gave them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sherry333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to read this. Julius is a beautiful and clearly well loved cat. Losing both boys so close together is doubly hard and I hope that you can take comfort in the happy memories of the good life that you gave them.
Thank you ❣ I did my best with them. I love them all dearly. I gave Emmitt sub Q fluids for about two years for kidney disease before he developed heart failure. I have given Julius meds over the past several years. But when he stopped eating and drinking I knew my boy was very sick. We have two more fur babies. They are female. ❣🐱I do cherish the time I had with them and a lot of good cuddle memories 😻.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had to say good bye this morning his disease had progressed to far. Poor baby was really suffering 😢💔 I am going to miss him dearly.
I am so sorry💔😿 You did everything you could for poor Julius including letting him go when it was time. Hugs ❤ Run free sweet boy 🐾🐈🌈❤❤

EA54160C-B4AB-4B28-9A81-32F577CD96FE.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.