IBD Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tahnyuh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We lost our Bear on August 31st. She was nine.

We were going to continue with another type of chemo, but she got an infection that would mean she had to stay at the vet for about a week.. and the likelihood of it getting better wasn't great. She wasn't eating at this point and we had to let her go.

We were - and still are - absolutely devastated, but feel fortunate to have had her for those extra four months.

Providing this update as it helped me when I was following other people's stories on separate threads.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
We lost our Bear on August 31st. She was nine.

We were going to continue with another type of chemo, but she got an infection that would mean she had to stay at the vet for about a week.. and the likelihood of it getting better wasn't great. She wasn't eating at this point and we had to let her go.

We were - and still are - absolutely devastated, but feel fortunate to have had her for those extra four months.

Providing this update as it helped me when I was following other people's stories on separate threads.
My condolences on the loss of your beautiful Bear, last year in august, tahnyuh tahnyuh :alright: :grouphug:
Thank you for providing this update, although sad...it will still help others who read your thread and may find themselves with similar questions.

I re-read your thread again, and have to say that you all are just amazing cat guardians.
The Love that you have for your Bear just shines through, in your posts.:heartshape:

With Bear being only nine I was hoping back then, that her body could somehow manage to contain the high grade intestinal lymphoma,...with the help that you were giving her...with the chemo treatments...and the last medication that shrunk the tumours...the CCNU that you mentioned.

Yet it's good that you managed to get those extra four months, too, ...in order to spend time together, and to also be able to say goodbye. I'm sure that Bear tried as hard as she could, until her body could not do any more. :rbheart:
All our cats are amazing, in that way,...no matter the illness they go through.

I hope and pray that your grief turns from being painful and devastated...to more one filled with only joyful and meaningful memories that only make you smile.:rbheart: :grouphug:
Sending you Peace, Love and Strength...for all those times that are rough. :hugs::grouphug:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
tahnyuh tahnyuh thank you for coming back to let us know. The TCS team know the pain and feel for you. :rbheart:
We lock threads when a cat has passed, out of respect, but please do start a thread for Bear in our Crossing the Bridge forum if that seems right for you.
Our sympathies.

RIP
Beautiful Bear

..:greenpaw::purplebutterfly::rbheart::butterfly::bluepaw:..

Status
Not open for further replies.