Ibd Or Intestinal Lymphoma

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you going to try chemo or does the vet think she's past that possiblity? If you still think she has fight left in her and you're not ready to give up yet, you can always get her a feeding tube. Not as scary as it sounds and she'll probably feel a whole lot better with a belly full of food. That could buy you time to give the chemo a chance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks. She did get Mirtazapine on Monday, and the vets want that every 3 days if needed. The first time she had that, she was ravenous. This time it hasn't had much of an effect at all. :( I have given her tuna with food, the Reveal tuna, other styles of food. I've sat by her on the floor with a plate, tried to give it to her by hand. She just ate a little more but still not much. She just isn't herself - she has been lethargic, not cleaning, not very vocal. But it's hard because when I look in her eyes I still see her. I will be checking in with the vet's office later to let them know and see what they think. I hate having to make the decision when it isn't as obvious as it has been in the past for me for other animals. I don't want her to suffer or be in pain, but I don't want to make the call too early. Thank you for all of the advice and info you have shared with me during this.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you going to try chemo or does the vet think she's past that possiblity? If you still think she has fight left in her and you're not ready to give up yet, you can always get her a feeding tube. Not as scary as it sounds and she'll probably feel a whole lot better with a belly full of food. That could buy you time to give the chemo a chance.
The vet said he could do an oncology referral but they likely will want some type of biopsy and I am not sure at this point if I want to have her go through that. Something to consider and ask, though. Thank you.

Tabbytastic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. The vet thinks with how she is acting that is likely lymphoma, but of course can't be sure. He gave her a shot of depo so I don't have to do the oral steroids for a week, and a shot of Cerenia. However he did say if she continues like this and I can't get her to eat, I'd have to consider what none of us want to. :( She ate some tuna and food when we got home, napped, but now she is laying on the floor in the bedroom, not really hiding but away from us. I tried to entice her with tuna but she only had a nibble. Which makes me worry that the time the vet referred to may be sooner than I thought. :/ Sigh.
I am following this thread and I’m so sorry to hear what you are going through, I know how exhausting it is and how hard it is to concentrate on anything else. I just want you to know that both you and Winnie are in my thoughts and I so hope she picks up soon xx

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you think she’s not ready and you’re not ready to give up, a feeding tube will be much cheaper than a biopsy (probably not more than $500 and maybe even half that!) and it will buy you the time to plan your next steps. It’s a simple procedure. You could be feeding her again 12 hours later. It will also make medicine much easier to give.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am following this thread and I’m so sorry to hear what you are going through, I know how exhausting it is and how hard it is to concentrate on anything else. I just want you to know that both you and Winnie are in my thoughts and I so hope she picks up soon xx
Thanks so much. ♥

If you think she’s not ready and you’re not ready to give up, a feeding tube will be much cheaper than a biopsy (probably not more than $500 and maybe even half that!) and it will buy you the time to plan your next steps. It’s a simple procedure. You could be feeding her again 12 hours later. It will also make medicine much easier to give.
Thank you. When I call the vet I'll go over options and see what they think as well.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bawling:
So sorry to hear that!

If only they really did have nine lives.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:bawling:
So sorry to hear that!

If only they really did have nine lives.
Thank you. I know, I wish they did. So many realizations keep hitting me to remind me she's not here. :bawling2:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had ten days without Krista earlier this year while she was hospitalized: a preview of life after her. I don't like it. I feel for you.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ugh. I bet. Thank you.

Tabbytastic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I lost my Winnie today Thank you to all who gave advice and recommendations. I truly appreciate it
I’m so very sorry to hear this. It’s so unfair when our loved ones develop such horrible diseases and are taken from us way too soon. I can see from the thread that you did all you could to help Winnie. I had my boy in the avatar pts last March, he had pancreatitis and severe IBD or possible lymphoma. He was 8 years old. I don’t know how I would have got through it without the caring and wonderful people on this site. My thoughts and prayers are with you and remember we are all here for you xxx

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m so very sorry to hear this. It’s so unfair when our loved ones develop such horrible diseases and are taken from us way too soon. I can see from the thread that you did all you could to help Winnie. I had my boy in the avatar pts last March, he had pancreatitis and severe IBD or possible lymphoma. He was 8 years old. I don’t know how I would have got through it without the caring and wonderful people on this site. My thoughts and prayers are with you and remember we are all here for you xxx
:redheartpump:
Thank you so much. I'm so sorry about your boy. He was handsome. Sounds like we went through a similar battle.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you went through it as well. Thank you. ♥

littlecaitling

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry about your sweet Winnie. I lost one of my three stooges to intestinal lymphoma a year and a half ago, and now find myself facing this same heartwrenching decision with his brother, same diagnosis. Please know that you did everything you could for Winnie, right to the very end. We suffer so that they might be spared from suffering.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about your sweet Winnie. I lost one of my three stooges to intestinal lymphoma a year and a half ago, and now find myself facing this same heartwrenching decision with his brother, same diagnosis. Please know that you did everything you could for Winnie, right to the very end. We suffer so that they might be spared from suffering.
I am so sorry you went through it and are going through it again. And thank you for saying that. In my heart I know I did, and many people have told me that, but I still have second doubts/guilt. I guess that just happens. Best of luck with your boy. ♥