I would like some advice about fixing my kitties.

Arthur Laney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I recently came into the care of some semi-feral cats that I rescued a month ago. It was a rough start but they've warmed up to me quite a bit and I've grown to really enjoy their company. I decided to be their forever home and would like to make sure that they are up to date on their shots and the like. I'm pretty sure that they are closely related if not siblings and are male and female. I'm just scared that they will mate if I leave them alone for long enough and I'm not able to care for kittens or find homes for them I'd rather just keep them the way they are. So I wanted to get them fixed but I've heard that it makes them depressed and they seem to gain weight after the procedure I've also heard that it's very taxing on the females especially. I really love my kitties and just want what's best for them. If you have any cats that have been fixed please let me in on the experience and what to expect
Thank you!

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I recently came into the care of some semi-feral cats that I rescued a month ago. It was a rough start but they've warmed up to me quite a bit and I've grown to really enjoy their company. I decided to be their forever home and would like to make sure that they are up to date on their shots and the like. I'm pretty sure that they are closely related if not siblings and are male and female. I'm just scared that they will mate if I leave them alone for long enough and I'm not able to care for kittens or find homes for them I'd rather just keep them the way they are. So I wanted to get them fixed but I've heard that it makes them depressed and they seem to gain weight after the procedure I've also heard that it's very taxing on the females especially. I really love my kitties and just want what's best for them. If you have any cats that have been fixed please let me in on the experience and what to expect
Thank you!
Get them fixed and rest assured they will be healthier and happier.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 3 year old hasn't gained weight and definitely isn't depressed. I had my kitten done yesterday he is already trying to play and bounce off walls mine are boy's, but my brother has a girl yes it is a bigger op for them but every girl cat I know hasn't had any problems recovering. My view is for the health benefits it's worth doing.