I wonder what their parents looked like?

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have three sister cats who I found as kittens (they are currently 19 months old). I wonder what their parents might have looked like?

Izzy:

Female

Short haired

Black with two white spots, one on chest and one on belly

Greenish yellow eyes

Mittens:

Female

Short haired

Black and white, tuxedo pattern

Greenish yellow eyes

Amber:

Female

Short haired

All black, hidden tabby pattern

Central heterochromia, orange eyes with blue ring around pupil

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Their parents were black :D. One of them had some white but the other was likely pure black. I mean, I suppose one could have been a dark tabby but the chances of all 3 of them being solid black would be low if that were the case.

All solid cats are "hidden tabbies" but some hide it better than others, lol.

Because females get one color gene from each parent, that's how we know the parents were both black. If one parent wasn't black, they would be torties. If they were boys we would only be able to tell what the mother looked like.

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Their parents were black :D. One of them had some white but the other was likely pure black. I mean, I suppose one could have been a dark tabby but the chances of all 3 of them being solid black would be low if that were the case.

Because females get one color gene from each parent, that's how we know the parents were both black. If one parent wasn't black, they would be torties. If they were boys we would only be able to tell what the mother looked like.
That being said, what would an all white, long-haired, two blue eyes, female cat's parents look like?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awesome :) Thank you.

That fluffy white kitty is gorgeous <3

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mittens:

Female

Short haired

Black and white, tuxedo pattern

Greenish yellow eyes

Amber:

Female

Short haired

All black, hidden tabby pattern

Central heterochromia, orange eyes with blue ring around pupil

Their parents were black
. One of them had some white but the other was likely pure black. I mean, I suppose one could have been a dark tabby but the chances of all 3 of them being solid black would be low if that were the case.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That being said, what would an all white, long-haired, two blue eyes, female cat's parents look like?

Cute! Is she deaf?

White is funny in cats. It "masks" their true color, so genetically they may carry other colors. At least one of her parents had to be all white. Other than that, no way to know unless you know what color she carries :dk:. You might know what her true color is if she had any spots as a kitten. But if not, the only way to know is if the cat has kittens and passes on their color. I'm not sure about the genetics of the blue eyes in white cats, I'll have to look that up.

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cute! Is she deaf?

White is funny in cats. It "masks" their true color, so genetically they may carry other colors. At least one of her parents had to be all white. Other than that, no way to know unless you know what color she carries :dk:. You might know what her true color is if she had any spots as a kitten. But if not, the only way to know is if the cat has kittens and passes on their color. I'm not sure about the genetics of the blue eyes in white cats, I'll have to look that up.
We actually do not think she is entirely deaf! If we call for treats or shake the treats she usually shows up out of no where. I think she likes to pretend she's deaf sometimes though ;) don't they all? Ahaha. And okay, so her momma or papa had to be all white, that's interesting. She showed up at our doorstep four years ago, completely emaciated and hours from death. The vet said she probably hadn't eaten in six months. So we did not have her as a kitten, she was about a year or a year and a half when she found us. And she is spayed so no kittens for her either. Guess we will never know. One of her eyes does have a brownish gold speck in it though!

This is what she looked like when she found us:

Last edited: