I won a TCS bag in the review competition!!! :-D

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I NEVER win anything  but so far on TCS I've won a t shirt for a Paint thread lucky draw, and now a tote bag in the lucky draw reviewing competition!   Thank you @Anne

I'm super happy but I'm not so sure about Mouse, I decided to see if he'd fit in the bag today - as an excuse to take a picture of it.  

I don't think I should risk taking him out for a walk in it any time soon. 

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Perfect! So now I can tell people that the tote bag is the perfect size for a cat 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Perfect! So now I can tell people that the tote bag is the perfect size for a cat 
And it's even strong enough to hold a chubby Mouse!   Seriously though, I've been using it constantly since I received it and it's holding up very well.  Getting lots of comments on the fun design too.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
what a great picture!!

I won a mug a while ago. i forget the competition. I use the mug every day!

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations MServant! I've always really liked that design. I remember it from the 2012 design contest when SillyJilly made it, and think it would make a really cool mug. It was awesome of her to add the word Wessah (which is Cherokee for cat, and also my cat's name).

It's neat that Mouse fits in it. I read somewhere that when you're walking your cat, you should take a tote bag along in case you encounter dogs or other potentially scary things, so I guess it's good that he fits. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Many congrats, MServant! It is a nice bag and Mouse looks lovely inside. 
Ha ha, he didn't stay there long! I had to keep putting him back in even to get these two pictures.  
    I am so mean.   He seems to prefer nice dark bags for hiding in.  

I am loving the bag and it's going to be nice and hard wearing which is good as I am plan to use it lots.   

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!

I got one from my Secret Santa last year. It was a great size.  However, my housekeeper washed it and put it through the dryer and it shrunk to about 50% of the size. It went from being a tote bag to about the size of a lunch bag.

So if you need to wash it, wash it in cold water, let is hang dry and then iron it.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Congrats!!

I got one from my Secret Santa last year. It was a great size.  However, my housekeeper washed it and put it through the dryer and it shrunk to about 50% of the size. It went from being a tote bag to about the size of a lunch bag.

So if you need to wash it, wash it in cold water, let is hang dry and then iron it.

Poor you with the shrinking.   Well there's no doubt it's going to get grubby the way I use things so this is really good advice.  Much as I love mini Tote bags I'd quite like to keep is as a big shopper. I was wondering about how it would wash.    

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much is that beautiful kitty tote bag and how would I set about getting one?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I NEVER win anything  but so far on TCS I've won a t shirt for a Paint thread lucky draw, and now a tote bag in the lucky draw reviewing competition!   Thank you @Anne

I'm super happy but I'm not so sure about Mouse, I decided to see if he'd fit in the bag today - as an excuse to take a picture of it.  :evilgrin:

what a beautiful tote bag. You could stick mouse in it and then put it over your shoulder. He should be quite comfortable and happy knowing his servant won this for him.:clap:

I don't think I should risk taking him out for a walk in it any time soon. :sigh:
http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/245550/

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
LoL @Stewball  Poor Mouse would not stay there long enough for me to put the bag over my shoulder never mind take him for a walk - much as I would love to do just that.  

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Poor you with the shrinking.   Well there's no doubt it's going to get grubby the way I use things so this is really good advice.  Much as I love mini Tote bags I'd quite like to keep is as a big shopper. I was wondering about how it would wash.    
 I've seen cotton shrink, but never this much!  I'm saddened that these totes aren't made from pre-washed and shrunk cotton!

Here are the original Measures 15" x 18" x 6"

Post wash, mine is  12 1/2" (tall at the side seam) x 11 1/2" (length of the bottom from one side to the other) x 4 1/2" (width of the bottom). 

The weird thing is that the width of the bag at the top band is still almost 18 inches, and the handles also remained very long.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I might try cleaning with upholstry cleaning stuff when if gets a bit grubby coz I like it too much to risk it loosing shape or anything.  Mouse might sabotage my efforts just so he won't fit in it again though.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I might try cleaning with upholstry cleaning stuff when if gets a bit grubby coz I like it too much to risk it loosing shape or anything.  Mouse might sabotage my efforts just so he won't fit in it again though.
It's 100% cotton.  It can be washed. Just not in HOT!

Wash it inside out (to preserve the design), in cold water, and hang to dry, then iron on a low heat.  Or tumble dry on the AIR setting of the dryer.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Ah!  The voice of experience.  Thank you once again.  
    It should be good for a few weeks more if I am good - and then I will give laundering it a try.  It's good thick canvas and strong handles so I'm hoping it will last well despite how rough I am on my bags and things.  I use them instead of handbags / purses as I often end up getting bits of food shopping on my way home from work and it saves remembering to take a different bag with me all the time.  One with a great kitty design on it and promoting TCS is always going to be one of my favourites.