I wish cats knew the word...

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear.

I wish Felix knew what I mean when I say "It's okay." Fayola too.

Sometimes, they're freaking out and I'm trying to comfort them but it's no help. For example, when a stranger knocks on the door - they completely disappear.
Me too!

My neighbor and I were doing some home improvement work today involving loud banging noises. The kitties freaked. I tried to tell them it was OK but they certainly did not calm down. It would be nice to be able to communicate to them that things are OK!

Other times I think it might be nice if they could understand the word "No!" ;)

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saying It's Okay applies to me too. Wish he could understand.
Every now and again I might make a noise or a move that reminds Blue of his previous life and he flinches and crouches expecting to be punished or hit. Seeing him revert like this breaks my heart but he is getting better and it is occurring less and less..just time I suppose and hopefully it will go away.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats visibly relax when they hear me say "it's ok", I ONLY say it when things are really over, so they believe me. They immediately stop what they are doing when they hear NO too, especially when they are trying to steal someone else's food. It's horrible right now, I have a little one who just got over a crisis with leukemia and almost died, so I am trying to fatten him up. It seems the other two are just getting fatter since I have to give them something to keep them occupied while I feed him. He is eating a little more if he thinks the others want it. i don't let the others eat after him now, but that is like shutting the barn door after the horse has left. I'm so afraid they all have it now, and most likely do.......sigh, I guess just one day at a time.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely "it's okay!" For Lelia. She gets so skittish about things.

For Sparkle "don't get excited. I'm not feeding you now" whenever I get up out of my chair in the hour before mealtime. Because she gets excited every time.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to add.."Just Wait a Minute!!" Getting Blues dinner cut up and ready, he is on the bench, off the bench, paws in trying to steal a bit of meat, he is going to get a paw cut off one day.
I don't think he will ever understand that one.