7am:
1/4 Cup Friskies Pate
8am:
1/8 cup plus 1 Tablespoon of dry food

7pm:
1/4 cup Friskies Pate
8pm:
1/8 cup plus 1 Tablespoon of dry food

I give the dry food an hour after the canned food.

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Quite recently I had the same dilemma. My boy is now almost 9 months old and I had trouble getting him to eat his wet, while he was eating more and more dry.

So I just stopped giving him dry completely and now he's devouring all the wet I give him. The first day he was still not eating much of the wet and kept checking the dry-food bowl every now and then but on the second day he ate all the wet as soon as I put it down. I now give him dry food only as a treat and he eats about 400g of wet a day.

I guess I got pretty lucky with him and this transition, but you could maybe try to not leave out any dry for a few days, just have Skye's favorite wet available and maybe some raw meat if she likes that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh! that's exactly what she does, keep looking for her dry food. She's hasn't have any dry food today and I just gave her some wet food and I managed to get her to eat almost 1/2 a 3 oz. Can even though I finger feed her most of it. She's still looking and meawing for dry food. It is very hard to know what her favorite wet food is because one day she'll eat once from a type and the next day she'll won't ( she's a princess ) the one I know she won't eat is any with Tuna.
In taking everyone's advice and I'm going to put it on practice!
Thank you for sharing your experience with me and your advice

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the canned food I use:

Friskies Pate:
Liver & Chicken Dinner
Turkey & Giblets Dinner
Poultry Platter
Mixed Grill
Country Style Dinner

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's the canned food I use:

Friskies Pate:
Liver & Chicken Dinner
Turkey & Giblets Dinner
Poultry Platter
Mixed Grill
Country Style Dinner
Thank you for your help!
I got her to eat a 3 oz can of cat in the kitchen "funk in the trunk" it's chicken recipe in pumpkin consomme. In a period of about an hour she ate it. ( I didn't leave the food out for that long) every time she'll come to look for dry food I'll offer some wet food, she ate it from my hand...
I'll give a try to the ones you mentioned to see if works out for her.
Thanks again

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've left their canned food out for up to 3 hours before and it was fine. After 3 hours I throw it away. But if you add a pinch of catnip, they will usually finish it.

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Perfect!
Thank you