Haha this woke me up!

Thanks Renae, Thanks Heidi and ROTFL Laurie, you are so right

THANKS GUYS!!!!!

Sam

sockiesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck with volunteering at the shelter, Sam!
They must have different rules where you are. I put in an application to volunteer at a shelter when I was 16 and they told me "thanks but no thanks" pretty much. Now that I'm 17, I talked to them and they said that they may consider me in a few months, even before I'm 18 because I have a lot of volunteering experience. They are screaming for volunteers.

It's great that you are doing it for your future education. It's really helpful. I want to be a nurse and I volunteer at various hospitals and nursing homes. I've learned TONS over the past four years (I started volunteering when I was 13 as well.) I'm sure you will learn a lot, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Jenn

Well, I got another email back from Fenella and she said To either ring the Pukera Bay Shelter, which is 15-20 minutes away from where I live or the Brooklyn one in town which is 40-50 minutes away from where I live. So I rang the closest one and they said "Good Morning, Moggy Lodge" and I told them about myself & stuff and the lady said well ring back tomorrow because that's when Gail is here - the lady that talks to volunteers, so I may not be able to help, but hey even if I can't it's still cool

Sam.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arrrrrrrrh well, she was very keen for me to help - but they needed people to work early mornings and I couldn't hack that before school ah well, many shelters round here, will give another ago!

At least I tried!